iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

why not simple bar description..

Started by tony_marks, November 15, 2004, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_marks

im setting here looking at my 372 bar.. on it is
 rsn b 20inch,050 gauge,3/8 , 72 dl..
  now why cant they all make it that simple..
  mabe u guys bars are  simple like that, but mine sure arnt..
  i just wonder why some makers complicate ,the thing..
 i know there must be a reason,but i cant see that its that big a deal to keep it simple stupid...kiss.  :)jmo
  ps same thing with chain..

SasquatchMan

I dunno, tony, I can easily remember that my saw takes a 23RS67 chain... whatcha complainin' about?   ;)
Senior Member?  That's funny.

tony_marks

aint really complaining hoss.. just like things plain an simple..
 on any bar ,,if u will look hard enuff .. u can usually determine what the series of numbers an letters mean..just seems like it would be more customer friendly .. life got enuff complications ,so why not just put on the bar what it is in simple terms. i got several saws .. u could even stamp ,say 18.#dl .3/8,.050.c , on chains..
but pitch ,, gauge an possibly type of chain for the less knowledgable,,would be sufficent.. just get rid o the codes an such..
 just dont seem like it be that hard to do.. and with the num of chains i got ,,and not such a good memory...it would sure simplify things for me.. i got mine all separated ..  with which saw,, each chain is for,, labeled on the containers..
   then u go to working on the cut setup,, on 2-3 different saws..
  thats my story an im sticking to it.

:)

edge

I agree with Tony.  My Husky bar (which is of course really made by Oregon) has numbers on it that don't follow the actual Oregon or corresponding Husqvarna numbering system listed in the manuals and on the web pages of the two companies.  

I know it takes 18", 68DL, .050" pitch, but it sure would be easier if they just put that on the bar.  Heck, they can put that info along with the silly numbers if they want, it just would be nice to see it.

Erick

All of my Stihl bars are stamped with all that info  8) Pitch, gauge, bar length, and dive link count its all right their on the bar for when I forget. Its just that simple. :)
It's better to have it and not need it. Then to need it and not have it.

tony_marks

that is true of stihl bars from what ive seen..

SasquatchMan

That's actually one thing I DO like about Stihl, and I'm happy to be a Stihl user because of it.  I can actually decipher Stihl-ese on the 23RS67...  If I remember right, the 2 means .325 pitch, the 3 I can't remember, and the 67 is the length, RS being Rapid Super..

But all the bar info is stamped into the bar, all the chain info stamped into the chain.  Quite easy without the Stihlese.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Thank You Sponsors!