iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Projects

Started by outpost22, October 07, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outpost22

It has been fun to see what others have built on here with their projects from "tree to completion".  I've only been milling a little over a year now, with time limited by our fire seasons and all the other ranch "projects".  Just thought I'd share the last sawmill project for this year. 
My wife wanted a canning room..badly.  She does a lot of it and doesn't like cluttering up the house kitchen....so...
We have an old building that serves as a utility area.  I essentially cut off 1/2 of it, raised the floor 24" and built over it.  It has (had) historical value with it's hand cut lumber in it but was redone with T111, etc.
Anyway, I milled Ponderosa pine siding last year for other buildings here and used it on this project as well.  Wood moisture content was good and low (about 8% +/-), so shrinkage shouldn't be too much of an issue.  I do spray all the wood with fire retardant, for obvious reasons. For those that live in the west this is a really good idea.

Creating one more project one at a time.
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

Bricklayer51

Looks real nice you did some good work there I tried to do something like that in the garage but she said no likes making it 95 in the house.

Grizzly

May I ask how you laid out the interior? I'd like to build something like that for the Mrs. but she doesn't think in grand style and so I'll have to get my own ideas. She likes to cook/can/bake for large numbers but seems to be happy in a cramped little kitchen.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

outpost22

We just set the interior countertops and "stuff" is being organized.  When that is finished it will be "picture ready".  Pretty basic outlay though. Fridge on one end of counter, sink in center, and propane stove on the side (L configuration).  It also has a pantry.  Heating and cooling by heat pump wall type installation.  All insulation is pretty good with rigid foam in floors, and rock wool insulation in walls and ceiling.  Rock wool is great in rural environments as it is almost mouse and rodent proof and easy to work with unlike fiberglass insulation.  Plumbing is ProPex and wrapped with heat tape and foam insulation due to the raised floor situation.  I didn't want a perimeter foundation as it would damage too many tree roots. Went pier, post and beam instead.
Creating one more project one at a time.
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

Grizzly

That gives me a good idea of what it'll be and I'll wait for pictures too.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

ToddsPoint

No hand rail on the steps.  You folks must be young!  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

Thank You Sponsors!