iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Miter guage for table saw

Started by azmtnman, February 02, 2021, 07:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmtnman

I'm thinking I need a miter guage upgrade for my Delta table saw (the one you get at Lowes.) I was in  Rockler the other day and saw the Osborne EB-3. Anyone have one of those? It gets good reviews.
Is there another one I should be looking for? 
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Larry

I have one.  My opinion is its junk.  A great design but cheap construction ruined it.  Too much flex and hard to adjust.

I use an old Vega miter gauge that I bought at auction years ago.  Heavy duty with no flex and easy to adjust.  I added a sliding table to my Unisaw and use the miter gauge in it all the time.

Some of the Incra miter gauges look interesting.  I would investigate them before spending money on the Osborne.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

firefighter ontheside

I have and recommend the Incra 1000HD.  It has 180 positive stops for all the degrees you need.  It has an extendable fence and a flip stop to make repeatable cuts.  My only problem with it is that I accidentally touched it to my sawstop and fired the brake.  Didn't hurt the miter gauge at all.  Have to be careful when tilting to big angles as the fence can come in contact with the blade.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

21incher

I bought the incra 5000 sled and wouldn't buy it again. Poor quality plus the extrusions and stop are wide and clumsy to use. Finally wound up replacing all the incra extrusions with a thin kreg extrusion and stop that's easier to use, safer,  and let's me cut wider panels. The gauge  indexing is accurate though. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Incra all the way, best on the market. Even works on my old cast iron hardware store brand table saw. I had to get a new fence to because the old one was crap. Never looked back. 8)

Sawstop? You spent some quid on that, they pricey. ;D $3000 to $7000 grand up this way depending on what you're after. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

You could get the Incra V120 and put a wooden block on it.

Incra V120
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!