iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keys to our new house

Started by Jim_Rogers, March 20, 2021, 04:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Today was/is the day that we've been waiting for, for a long time. We got the keys to our new "retirement" home in NC. Rheanne and my daughter Janne and myself are very happy.
I can't wait to unpack all our boxes of stuff in storage, so I can find my electric razor and loose this long beard, for the summer.
The barber shops in MA won't trim beards any more.

I won't have much computer time for the next few days, until we get everything "set up" in our new pad.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Congrats to you and the family Jim. Enjoy your new home. smiley_clapping
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Walnut Beast

Congratulations to you and your family. Time to settle in and enjoy the new place 👍

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Don't cut the beard :o, it's looking good. Wish mine would grow in that thick :(.
Ed K

doc henderson

congratulations.  the beard makes you look like a timber framer.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Congratulations my Friend to your family's new home.  Enjoy!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Congratulations Jim and family! Can't wait to see some more photos when you settle in. Is that sand, sawdust, or snow we see on the ground in that photo? ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

snowmountain

Congratulations Jim. Hope you settle in smoothly. There are going to be many disappointed beginner timber frames without your workshops to learn from.  Good Luck.

Jack 

Roxie

That's sand!   8)

Are you near the beach?  Wherever you are in North Carolina is an awesome place to be. The people are just a bit more laidback so take your time. 

Happy for you and the family. 
Say when

AK Newbie

Congrats on the new chapter!  Enjoy... 8)
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

WV Sawmiller

Congrats and I hope all works out great for you. The next time we go visit friends in Jacksonville we may give you a shout. You need to update your profile with your new details.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on March 20, 2021, 09:57:05 AM
Congratulations Jim and family! Can't wait to see some more photos when you settle in. Is that sand, sawdust, or snow we see on the ground in that photo? ;D
Sand

hedgerow

Jim you and your family enjoy that new home. I am sure it will be nice to live somewhere winter doesn't care such a big stick. 

samandothers

Congratulations on getting the keys to the castle!  Good luck on the unpacking and settling in.  Just in time for the lead up to summer heat and humidity! ;D

Peter Drouin

Did you bring the sawmill with you?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Wudman

With Lejeune as a neighbor, I would imagine you can find a barbershop to accommodate.  Congrats.  We are looking to settle a vacation spot (RV) in your new neighborhood.  My wife loves that place and has been going down there for 50 years.  

Wudman  
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

dgdrls

Andries

Well done Jim!
Enjoy the new digs and here's to hoping you get past the "which box has the whatevers in it?" real soon
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 22, 2021, 07:06:26 AM
Sure did. haven't cut a stick yet.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 24, 2021, 09:39:41 PM
Quote from: Jim_Rogers on March 22, 2021, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 22, 2021, 07:06:26 AM
Sure did. haven't cut a stick yet.

smiley_clapping smiley_thumbsup
I've got to get a NC tag/plate so I can saw'm and leave'm like MagicMan does.
Jim Rogers

samandothers

Is this for your mill?  Do you need a plate for it in NC? 

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: samandothers on March 25, 2021, 10:42:25 PM
Is this for your mill?  Do you need a plate for it in NC?
Yes for the mill. I'm not sure, do I need a plate for it? I was assuming I did.
Jim Rogers

doc henderson

In Ks most ag stuff does not need a tag, just the tow vehicle.  I have a tag on my goose neck due to weight rating.  Our scout trailers have tags (7K).  no tag on my car trailer and smaller trailer.  a buddy borrowed the car trailer to take his gmc to Wichita for a tranny.  he got a ticket, went to court and they through it out.  If it was commercial, it would have been another story.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

No plate in Michigan so far.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hedgerow

In Nebraska you can get by with no plates on ag equipment but I do have plates on all of my trailers that get on the highway. It just keeps the unneeded stops by DOT and the police down that way. Most of my trailer plates are only ten or twenty dollars a year. I don't run a plate on my wood splitter, wood processor or my buzz saw rig but I just stay on the gravel roads with them between farms.

Bruno of NH

In New Hampshire the turtle crossing the road better have a plate on it or it's going to jail. The New Hampshire department of safety has more power than the Governor.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GAB

In VT plate required.
$52.00/YR or $102.00 for 2 years.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

In WV a piece of mobile equipment does not require a plate.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Tacotodd

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 28, 2021, 03:54:43 PM
  In WV a piece of mobile equipment does not require a plate.

Howard, by that logic, your vehicles are mobile equipment. They "equip" you in your moving around the road to go to&fro. 

Maybe I'm missing something  say_what
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

must be towable mobile equipment.   :) :) :)

Tacotodd

Doc, I DID know what was meant but just having some fun.
Trying harder everyday.

samandothers

I bought my mill in NC and have never had a tag.  
Call the DMV, I don't think it needs a tag. 

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: samandothers on March 28, 2021, 10:33:54 PM
I bought my mill in NC and have never had a tag.  
Call the DMV, I don't think it needs a tag.
I will thanks
Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!