iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

busy-busy-busy

Started by wykle42548, May 17, 2002, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wykle42548

does everyone have this problen ,out of logs last friday,sawed all the logs i cut &skidded this fall thought i had a few days to do some maintance before hay time but heighbor called has some pine needs sawed . told him bring them as soon as he can be glad to help him out.came in from work to find about 2000ft on skidway .  hay 36" high ,mill full of logs lawn unmowed  and the company i work for decides to work 6 days aweek till aug. 9 more months till retirmemt.

sawyerkirk

I think my customers know when I'm low on logs, as they pile on every order they can muster up. Right now, being "low" on logs would be nice, I'm about to go sort through my firewood logs to fill stake orders. Oh yeah, and I have a barn full of bottle calves. It gets horribly frustrating, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Corley5

I won't saw during haying season.  It's hot enough making hay let alone working in the mill.  I try to saw in the spring and fall when it's cooler and I'm not as busy.  It's feast or famine ;D.  Either lots of logs or none.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

wykle42548

well it is a very wet time here . cut the neighbors pine ,worked out great to wet to make hay . he had 2680bdf ,cut mostly 2x6 .made contract with youngest grandson to cut lawn had to promise to let him learn to work in mill . as they get old enoufe i pay them 5.00 an hour and all the peas they can eat  ;Dthey seem to like it here on this little farm. they are always wanting to stay ,but thay get taken home something about homework & school. :P  had time to do sugar scoop contest hope charley got answers had some trouble sending them.  did maintance on tractor, replaced disc in mower.baler oiled and ready waiting on weather. hay is already sold won"t have but about 500 bales to put in my barn, after customers pick up the hay they want.  :)  life is good :D

wykle42548

well it is a very wet time here . cut the neighbors pine ,worked out great to wet to make hay . he had 2680bdf ,cut mostly 2x6 .made contract with youngest grandson to cut lawn had to promise to let him learn to work in mill . as they get old enoufe i pay them 5.00 an hour and all the peas they can eat  ;Dthey seem to like it here on this little farm. they are always wanting to stay ,but thay get taken home something about homework & school. :P  had time to do sugar scoop contest hope charley got answers had some trouble sending them.  did maintance on tractor, replaced disc in mower.baler oiled and ready waiting on weather. hay is already sold won"t have but about 500 bales to put in my barn, after customers pick up the hay they want.  :)  life is good :D

Thank You Sponsors!