iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood bundles proper c.u ft.

Started by riggin rat, October 24, 2009, 11:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riggin rat

I have a multitek 2020 and am thinking of bundling a certain portion of production and cannot come up with a standard cubic ft. size, and also a decent wholesale price per bundle. I have ran the gammut on different answers. any help would greatly be appreciated. Bythe way this is in wa. state so mostly doug fir. thanks.

wi woodcutter

I think that a lot of them are bundles are 2 cu. ft.

Around here they are wholesaled for 1.99 to 2.99 at the most.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

chucker

most of the bundles you see at the local mini marts are of 1.5 cft.....  sold here they fetch at most 3.50 a bundle....size varies from 10 to 12" thick and all 16" long.
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

rebocardo

I think it really depends on your local market. If it was me, I would keep it to 16" long and under 1.5 CF because of the weight issue. Anything over 40-50 pounds will be tough to carry and the women and weaker men will skip it as soon as they try to pick it up. I think finer split wood would be best because it is easier to light and looks like you have more.

Check out your local home depot for what they sell for firewood bags.

Wallys World

I sell bundled wood at  .75 cu ft per bundle for $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00. Our local Kroger supermarkets are selling the same for $4.49 a bundle. I cut my wood 16 inches long and put a full length handle on them. I sell at our roadside stand and will be at the Lynchburg city market in December for "Mistletoe Market" for Christmas sales. We also sell kindling, fire starters, and "Yule" logs.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Ron Scott

Firewood For Sale. Firewood packaged for sale in Belgrade, Montana. 9/09

~Ron

mrnero

Quote from: riggin rat on October 24, 2009, 11:01:54 PM
I have a multitek 2020 and am thinking of bundling a certain portion of production and cannot come up with a standard cubic ft. size, and also a decent wholesale price per bundle. I have ran the gammut on different answers. any help would greatly be appreciated. Bythe way this is in wa. state so mostly doug fir. thanks.

Most bundles around here that I've seen package firewood are .75 cu ft . I think thats the most standard sixe bundles

riggin rat

thanks for the help guys, I checked some of the local stores and most were .75 cu ft.but the qaulity of some of it was horrible.

Tillaway

I know someone selling bundles locally.  1 cuft wholesale at $3.50 and his business is expanding.  Check into wieghts and measures laws for Washington regarding labeling and such.  Oregon has some real specifics regarding size and consistency.  X dollars a bundle is not exactly a legal measure nor is a pickup load.  In California you would have label with the this product is known to contain substances known to cause cancer yada yada yada.  Exporting and bundles to CA would require the proper label.

To sell to state parks and such labeling is required and so is a specific measure per bundle.  One local contract here went for $2.99 a bundle for something like 30,000 bundles.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Thank You Sponsors!