iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GA red clay, currently mud

Started by kiko, November 03, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

i am ready for this weather to blow on out and drop the temp before the rut is over.  Good time to do some past due truck maintainance I guess.   

fenris

lol. I've been working south of Atlanta all week. I've not seen anything but red clay around here.

Claybraker

On the coast we've got gray clay, black clay, some  orange clay, and sand.

barbender

I remember everything being red clay when I visited down there. The lakes and ponds were the same color from it too, if I recall correctly ??? We have some areas up here with the red color, the Iron Range and also the shore of lake Superior, with the high iron content is a nasty red. We use "jig rock", overburden from the iron mines, on a lot of our woods roads. It's great for bridging soft areas, but you drive on that stuff and your equipment and your pickup bleeds red for months afterwards.
Too many irons in the fire

LAForestry

I feel your pain, been around the shop a little myself, pulled the dozer outa the woods yesterday evening and  did the first service last night. We got 5 inches of rain in the last week, bout to get more this weekend. I'm ready for the rain to move out for a few weeks so I can catch up on burning, but on the other hand it's keeping me busy pushing roads out for logging crews. That's one good thing about the clay, scrape the slick off the top and keep get'n it.

Thank You Sponsors!