iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for Sawyer

Started by swampfox, August 03, 2010, 09:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampfox

Hello,

We are looking to establish a working relationship with a sawyer or small milling operation for local timbers in the Charleston, SC area.  Do you all know of anyone or a good resource to help with finding someone?  The internet and phonebook just doesn't seem to have much, and I bet there are some good people out there with a woodmizer or small stationary mill close by that aren't listed in those two.

Thanks in advance,

Moyer

Papa1stuff

Go to the forum extras on top of page ,you will find a way to lookl for sawyers
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

wwsjr

Call Woodmizer 800 number, ask for sawyers near your zip code.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

DanG

Check with all the Sponsor/manufacturers on the left.  Most of them also offer this service.

Also check Craigslist under "Materials".  A lot of sawyers are trying to sell lumber right now.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

customsawyer

I don't know how close you want but I would be more than happy to help with any timbers you might need.
I think it is about 4 hours for me to get to Charleston.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!