iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best Way To Removing Pine Bark

Started by semologger, February 06, 2008, 10:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

I have an market for just pine bark. I was wondering what is the best way of removing it and keeping it big as possible. Selling it buy the cubic yard. So the bigger the better sell more air that way. A truck holds around 100 yards. Also the fastest.

isawlogs

A debarker .. but thats lots of money ... The other option is a bunch of nephews with bark spuds .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

semologger

I know a debarker but i mean like a ring debarker or something in that area. I have ran post peelers before. I am needing to take off just the bark, no wood. The wood i am going to run it thru a shaver.

isawlogs

I have a log wizzard debarker , it does a nice job but to do the amount you are talking about it would become a lot of work , and it is kinda hard on a saw .
  I am at a loss to help you with the debarking of large chunks other then peeling by hand .. and that is even more work  :o
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

I saw a debarker on the Internet one time that was made from auto tires and rims that turned against each other.  Don't ask me how to build it, but it seemed mighty simplistic.

SwampDonkey

It's either going to be one of the following

1) expensive equipment

2) slow by hand

;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

semologger

Sprucegum

I read somewhere that log-home builders were using high pressure washers to peel their logs.

I have no idea what size chunks you would get - you would get'er done in a hurry though.

Thank You Sponsors!