iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

modern marvels lumber yard

Started by semologger, March 03, 2008, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

anyone else watching it tonight on history channel ?

Mooseherder

Yep, Just came across it.  It's a good one.

Quartlow

And the things you learn watching it, I never realized that OSB was made in specific layers withe the strands alternating directions kind of like plywood.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

semologger

I learned alot also pretty neat stuff. I always try and watch modern marvels.

metalspinner

Yep,
Just finished.  I liked the Kauri mining bit in New Zealand.  So how much does a farm cost in New Zealand anyway? ;)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ErikC

QuoteI never realized that OSB was made in specific layers withe the strands alternating directions kind of like plywood.

Oriented Strand Board

Just a little building materials trivia for you. They call it OSB cause thats how they make it.

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

Seems like Ianab had a post on digging for logs.It was done the same way.I don't know where that huge log came from on that flat bed.The ones they were working on was smaller than that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_van

I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

beav39

pretty cool show ,lots of people making money sawing in different ways,i like the place that saws old beams and things into flooring
sawdust in the blood

Thank You Sponsors!