iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where does it all go?

Started by DanG, January 28, 2006, 10:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Well, here's where some of it went.  A friend of mine bought a few boards from me recently and put them to use in his new boatshed.  Can you believe he built this to park his bass boat in? ???  The panelling and cabinet bases are made of white juniper(Atlantic White Cedar) and the counter tops are of sweet gum.

The mural and juniper panelling on the rear wall.

Cabinets along the west wall.

Sweet gum countertop.

Closer view of countertop.

The east wall will have racks for his fishing rods, and a sitting area to entertain customers and friends that stop by frequently.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

That room is too good for an old bass boat  :)

It looks like a full on Rec hall.I really like the looks of the Sweet Gum.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

jpgreen

DanG!!

THat is awesome.  I gotta get my act together..  :o :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Part_Timer

:o :o :o :o :o

I need to find some sweetgum.

Those are awsome looking.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

getoverit

WoW thats some pretty stuff Dang !

give a man a fish and he will feed his family for a day.....

TEACH a man to fish and he will sit in a bass boat and drink beer all day  :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

jpgreen

:D

Here's some pictures from my fishing trip this past week:

Note from admin.  Photos must be on the forestry forum server as we have no control of photos linked to outside of our server.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

isassi

Hey DanG? Is the mural painted on the wood, wall, or a canvas? Do you suppose the artist would do a canvas one if someone (me  :) ) wanted to buy one????

DanG

The mural was a stock item in some catalog.  I'm thinkin' he said it was Cabela's, but I'm not sure.  I can ask him next time I see him. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

rbarshaw

Thanx for the pics of the sweetgum, I've got a couple hundred board feet of it an was wondering :P what to do with it. It looks just like that here too, It's some mighty pretty stuff. ;D
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

sawmill_john

Those are great pictures Dan dosen't it feel good to have a hand in making nice stuff.  I've been on my brother-in law for two weeks now to get a finish coat on the mantle I cut and helped him build before christmas, but he moves to his own pace - slow.  Its all I can do, if he dosen't get it done soon so I can take some pictures I'm going over and finish it my self!
john

Thank You Sponsors!