iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DanG near bigger than me!

Started by inspectorwoody, July 20, 2007, 09:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Here is a pic of the Homelite 1050 that I inherited. Fired her up today and she purrs like a kitten!  ;D

[img]

Looking forward to doing some cutting with it....Not much around here that big though!  :D

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don K

Wish I had it for about a hour. I found a big red oak that has died. Still got bark on it I ain't sure my 20"bar will cut it from both sides. I'm seeing qs boards if it ain't hollow in the middle.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Zundapp

Now thats a quality chainsaw. There were still a few 925's & 1050's kicking around when I first started cutting, never owned one myself but those that did swore by them. They seemed to be a real good chainsaw, but Stihl & Husky were starting to dominate the market. To bad Homlite didn't stay in the running. Does that one have rubber mounts?

scgargoyle

Quote from: inspectorwoody on July 20, 2007, 09:40:57 PM
Here is a pic of the Homelite 1050 that I inherited. Fired her up today and she purrs like a kitten!  ;D

[img]

Looking forward to doing some cutting with it....Not much around here that big though!  :D
You must have DanG big kittens in your neck of the woods!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

inspectorwoody

We have had some monster W.Oak come into the mill but not sure if they came from Iowa or not. Average decent size log I run across is about 24" diameter.

I fired her up today to cut some hickory on a job I was helping with. Cut good, just needs some TLC on the carb end I believe.

Thank You Sponsors!