iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got to saw some wood this evening

Started by mmartone, March 02, 2013, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Finally got a little time since all the rain and work this afternoon and cut a few logs. We had moved the mill a bit to make dragging logs to it a little easier in the yard. I cut some logs to standard lenghts with my old 041av, I'm tired of the hodge podge lumber piles and restacking. We cut a few 2x4's and some 1x6's SYP. Sure was relaxing...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Peter Drouin

Good for you and good luck with the mill ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

scully

It sounds like we have simular set ups LOL but yeh I find a log or 2 relaxing and gratifying .It's enjoyable to marvele at what you can do with a mill !
I bleed orange  .

Magicman

Congrats on finally getting to saw.

As we are gradually drying out here, the sawmilling calls are coming in with customers saying that they are now ready.

I will move in on a ~12Mbf job on the 11th.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Happycamper

Wow, Magicman,
  Do you ever wonder how to had time for a regular job. Good for you It will keep you young.
                                         Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Magicman

Since it has now been over 18 years since I "worked for the man", I never even think about it.  I just work hard, enjoy what I do, and have a finished product at the end of the day.  There are only two folks that I have to please.  First myself, and then the customer.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Mmartone, stacking lumber is one of my least favorite jobs.  Kicking out sawdust, either from the mill or the chain saw is much more satisfying, but you do what you gotta.  Good luck with the mill.

MM, you're an inspiration to those of us who saw on weekends, and keep saying "one of these days".
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

petefrom bearswamp

I miss sawing.
20 degrees, 1-1/2 ft snow I'm getting itchy for spring to get here.
Got a good size order of 1x12x16 Hemlock to saw as soon as the weather breaks.
regarding stacking, I stack and sticker as the lumber comes off of the mill then move with the forks 4' width stacks, 8 to 10 rows per stack.
Breaks the day up nicely.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!