iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rabbits

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, June 04, 2004, 11:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I have a LOT of rabbits running around the garden this year.
I remember my father telling me that you can't hunt rabbits until after the frist frost because it kills the ticks and such on them.

Anyone have any ideas on this.

I remember howmuch I liked the ones dad brought in when I was a kid and am thinking about harvesting a few.

WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Tom

The only reason we didn't eat a rabbit was if we found a Wolf in its throat. (a large knot caused by the larvae of a Bot fly.)

Here are some links

http://botfly.ifas.ufl.edu/links/links1.htm

Since the larvae lives just under the skin, the meat was probably good but we were taught to leave it alone. Any wild game should be cooked through and through.   I don't care if folks think it is better rare or not.  There are too many parasites in the wild that could infect a piece of wild meat.  Cooking kills them.

SwampDonkey

Nasty stuff:

I'll stick to the no-see-ums, knats and skeeters. I never even see wood ticks here. But, down in Bridgewater , NS the woods was full of'm. Glad I didn't stay in the woods long there. :D Up here the cold kills them nasty perasites, just bring the deet up during the summer. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Only way the frost is gonna kill them ticks is if the bunnies are frozen stiff. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

hiya

In Pa. the rabbits had a liver disease and parasites. The frost
kills off the "bugs".
Richard
RichardinMd.

Thank You Sponsors!