iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 562XP Upgrades 2015.

Started by HolmenTree, September 16, 2015, 08:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawTroll

Quote from: 49er on October 17, 2015, 06:28:00 PM
I know several cutters in my area who swear the chain from the Husqvarna dealer stays sharper longer than Oregon chain from the hardware store. I tell them it is the same but they say no. :-\

It still is the same, but that may not be the case in the future - Huskys chain factory in Europe should become operational this year, but I haven't seen any trace of the products yet.

Admittedly, I am a bit worried about what they come up with.
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Quote from: SawTroll on October 18, 2015, 11:10:14 AM
Quote from: 49er on October 17, 2015, 06:28:00 PM
I know several cutters in my area who swear the chain from the Husqvarna dealer stays sharper longer than Oregon chain from the hardware store. I tell them it is the same but they say no. :-\

It still is the same, but that may not be the case in the future - Huskys chain factory in Europe should become operational this year, but I haven't seen any trace of the products yet.

Admittedly, I am a bit worried about what they come up with.
Niko, do you think the Husqvarna chain plant will have enough production to supply the North American market?
Have you heard anything about their South American  division getting on board with the chain ?
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

snowshoveler

A year or 2 ago when the American and Canadian divisions of Husqvarna merged...they were seriously pizzed at Oregon because someone (management) did not understand that you need to order product almost a year in advance. We had bar and chain backorders for a very long time. Not many saws sold with a Husky branded bar or chain. We actually still don't have enough of the bars to equip every saw with its proper Husky branded bar.
Good thing we have access to 2 other suppliers of Oregon product. We never ran out but came close a few times.
The way we purchase Husqvarna , its better for us the more we buy. So when we have to source 10 grand  of product elsewhere we loose points.
Hopefully they will be able to fill in the gaps with the European product.
Time will tell if its good or not.
The price of it will be a big factor.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on October 18, 2015, 11:35:41 AM

Niko, do you think the Husqvarna chain plant will have enough production to supply the North American market?
Have you heard anything about their South American  division getting on board with the chain ?

No, I know nothing about that, or which kinds of chain will be made there.
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Thanks guys for the information .
My Husky dealer here out west seems to be moving a fair ammont of product up here with good support from the Alberta distributor.  Just might be a regional thing.

snowshoveler

We lost our Moncton warehouse earlier this year.
Everything now comes out of Ontario with a bit of leftovers coming from Alberta.
To say they are slow is an understatement.
2 weeks to get our snowblower booking is not impressive to me.
Saws and parts not on a booking order are about a week if not back orderd.
I think it's just an east coast thing because the warehouse employees look after their region first.
Can't say I blame them.
Now if I could just teach the management at Husqvarna how to use a calendar I would be happy.
They need to know that late summer and early fall is the time to have saws available with heated handles.
Off my soapbox for now.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

HolmenTree

Quote from: snowshoveler on October 18, 2015, 06:22:50 PM
We lost our Moncton warehouse earlier this year.
Everything now comes out of Ontario with a bit of leftovers coming from Alberta.
To say they are slow is an understatement.
2 weeks to get our snowblower booking is not impressive to me.
Saws and parts not on a booking order are about a week if not back orderd.
I think it's just an east coast thing because the warehouse employees look after their region first.
Can't say I blame them.
Now if I could just teach the management at Husqvarna how to use a calendar I would be happy.
They need to know that late summer and early fall is the time to have saws available with heated handles.
Off my soapbox for now.
Regards Chrvis
Chris, I applied for a job at that Moncton warehouse in 1989  :D
In '89 I went west as Stihl hired me that summer to push the 044 at the  Alberta branch.
My red headed Cape Breton girlfriend named Kelly Ann who was a RN nurse here in Manitoba never joined me , but went back to Nova Scotia to work in Halifax.
Well later that fall my branch manager  Steve Meriam let me take 2 weeks holidays as I was owed , so I was off to Nova Scotia.
Steve told me to take my company vehicle which was a 1988 Chevy Blazer but I declined and said I'd  make better time with my '88 Daytona Shelby Z.
Well as I got out there things didn't work out for me and Kelly as she said she's not going back out  west.
On the way home I stopped at the Jonsered  distributor in Moncton,  New Brunswick  and told the manager (can't remember  his name) that I'm  working for Stihl Canada but I'm  looking for a job here on the east coast.
He offered me a job in Newfoundland as a sales/tech rep but he said he'd talk to my boss Fred Whyte first (Fred was Stihl Canada's president at the time and is now presently Stihl USA'S president ).
On the way home  back west from Moncton I call Steve from a pay phone as we had no cell phones back then.. :D.....Steve says to me " Fred just called and asked if you're coming back!!"

snowshoveler

Holmen
I am sure you would have been an asset to the Husqvarna Moncton team.
However very few of the people working there stayed any length of time.
That was when Mcquette ran eastern Canada.
Its all run by Husky themselves and they still have a problem retaining employees.
They just lost another manager for the east.
Chris 
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

HolmenTree

Update.
I've been busy trying to catch up and finish my numerous stump jobs before our first winter snow comes.
I took this 80 ft spruce down  today but the 562 had no part of it, only my 372XP-24" and 338XPT-16" had the honors to take it down. I got up 40 ft on spurs and a strong NW wind was blowing me around all over the place  plus being 10 ft from a powerline grid I decided just to top it at 16" diameter.

Heading to the big city tomorrow for a 6 day visit and will be doing tree work for the in-laws,  will get a chance to run the 562 then .
Next week I'll  test the 562 with various sizes of sprockets and chain timed with a stop watch in some left over square wood from last winters chainsaw competition.
Really curious to see how the saw pulls chips with the 7 pin .325 rim.

49er

Quote from: HolmenTree on October 19, 2015, 09:08:33 PM

Next week I'll  test the 562 with various sizes of sprockets and chain timed with a stop watch in some left over square wood from last winters chainsaw competition.

I would think the 562 would do best with an 8 pin and .325 chain. My ported 550 pulls an 8 pin .325 very well.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

HolmenTree

Quote from: 49er on October 19, 2015, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: HolmenTree on October 19, 2015, 09:08:33 PM

I would think the 562 would do best with an 8 pin and .325 chain. My ported 550 pulls an 8 pin .325 very well.
49er,
My 562 is stock besides a muffler mod and it's got 1500 hours on it so it's  probably making the same h.p.as your ported 550XP.
I want more members here like nlogga who previously posted with his 562XP muffler mod.
I need more feed back on the muffler mod helping eliminate hot start flooding issues.

I have lots of dry 10"X 14" white spruce to test the 7 and 8 pin .325 rims on for the best cross-cutting times, and I'll  time the 3/8 72LG with 7 pin rim too.
Stay tuned.......

49er

I am waiting impatiently. :)
My wws2260 is down awaiting a clutch from Spike60. I robbed it to put on my buddies 562.
He wore the clutch out in just 3 years of steady logging. When I get it going I could do some timed cuts between the different set ups and post it. If that is ok with you Holmen.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

HolmenTree

Quote from: 49er on October 20, 2015, 09:33:53 AM
I am waiting impatiently. :)
My wws2260 is down awaiting a clutch from Spike60. I robbed it to put on my buddies 562.
He wore the clutch out in just 3 years. When I get it going I could do some timed cuts between the different set ups and post it. If that is ok with you Holmen.
Yes by all means post what you can of your tests 49er .
My only problem is videos, my 12 year old daughter can help me there as she has already made a few YouTube videos on baking cakes :D

HolmenTree

Got myself into another project ;D
Busy putting up a 12 ftx24ft portable garage for my chipper dump trailer.
The 562 test wood timbers are still under wrap sitting in the backyard.

HolmenTree

Got 'er done just in time,  snow tonight. Now back to the 562XP Upgrades.  :laugh:

Pine Ridge

Did a muffler mod like Holmentrees on a 562xp yesterday, haven't got to put it in the wood yet. Throttle response on this saw was great before the mod, seems even "snappier" now. I'll report back after i use it cutting. Hot starts were sometimes an issue with this saw if the procedures weren't followed.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

nhlogga

Did the same muffler mod on my Jonsered 2260. I drilled one 5/16 hole and two 1/4 holes. This vid the saw is pulling a 3/8 24" .058 oregon chain in hardwood

https://youtu.be/aGyqxVu_uDw
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

nhlogga

Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

HolmenTree

nlogga,  I like the look of that Jonsered. Good looking saw.
Next time you do a video of steady cutting can you  shut the saw off at the finish and then restart it without touching the switch or putting it on fast idle? Just to show how it's  helped the hot start flooding issues.

I haven't touched my 562 for a while now , weather is a bit crappy and my kids and Halloween have kept me busy.
Will.get back on it this week.

nhlogga

Quote from: HolmenTree on October 31, 2015, 10:59:33 PM
nlogga,  I like the look of that Jonsered. Good looking saw.
Next time you do a video of steady cutting can you  shut the saw off at the finish and then restart it without touching the switch or putting it on fast idle? Just to show how it's  helped the hot start flooding issues.

I haven't touched my 562 for a while now , weather is a bit crappy and my kids and Halloween have kept me busy.

Can do. May be awhile before I have any more cutting to do.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

49er

I am still waiting on a clutch for my 2260.
Blame it on your kids! I bet your one of those big kids that still goes tricker-treating. With a deep voice. ;)
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

HolmenTree

Quote from: 49er on November 01, 2015, 07:48:21 PM

I am still waiting on a clutch for my 2260.
Blame it on your kids! I bet your one of those big kids that still goes tricker-treating. With a deep voice. ;)
Haha :D Yeah I have to use my deep voice when my little trick or treaters don't watch for traffic when we're doing the candy run.
Here's  my 8 year twin daughters all ready to go trick or treating Halloween night.

Pine Ridge

Got to run the muffler modded 562xp yesterday, ran it in some 20" white oak and some smaller hickory. This saw cut good before, but it is noticeably stronger now, especially in limbing wood 12" and smaller. This saw would sometimes hot start without doing the hot start procedure, other times it wouldn't , before the muffler mod. I tried it several times yesterday to see and it is still the same. I ran it yesterday 5 minutes wot cutting cookies to reset the autotune. It cuts faster than it did, but it hasn't healed the hot start, i'll run it some more and see if anything changes.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

HolmenTree

Thanks for the update Pine Ridge . Summer hot weather was over when I did my muffler mod but I did notice an improvement in starting after long heavy bucking on a warm day.

I'm back doing residential tree removal tomorrow morning. I have a few 100 ft tall large diameter spruce to take down.
I'm going to run the 562XP with 7 pin .325 rim with Stihl 23RS chain on a 18" Cannon Super Mini bar.
El Nino has  been offering some amazing mild weather here in Manitoba at this time of the year.
I got all my winter prep things done for around my home now and now back to making an income. Looks like I may have a good winter working without extreme cold freezing temperatures.

49er

-Here are pictures of a muffler mod I did on a 359 I think!  I used a condulet cover. I really can't decide if it turned out hokey:o or cool 8) but the owner liked it.
I also gutted the internal baffle.

Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

Thank You Sponsors!