iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garrett 15 FEL

Started by Rockhill, June 03, 2020, 09:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhill

I'm new to the forum and appreciate all the great information provided. I recently picked up an old Garrett 15. It's on the barge in Seattle headed for the Kenai Peninsula. The skidder weighs about 12,750 pounds. Quite the load for the old one ton. 

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

JJinAK

I saw this for sale on CL.  I was actually going to send someone to look at it then it disappeared.  Looks like a clean machine, and I thought the previous owner was asking a fair price.

Enjoy!!

JaJ
MS461
MS362

Rockhill

I was lucky to be in the area when it popped up on Craigslist. The first two pictures are of the skidder parked in front of Garrett Enumclaw Co. Enumclaw is my hometown.

JJinAK

I like the Enumclaw/Black Diamond area.  I'm originally from Vashon Island, now living in Juneau.  Small world.....
MS461
MS362

thecfarm

Looks good!! Lets see some wood behind it. That blade is front will come in handy too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

teakwood

can you make a closer foto from the fel? i would love to see how the mechanism works. i would prefer 1000 times to have a FEL on my deere 540 than the blade

Nice machine  
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mike_belben

Ditto.  I am curious if it curls and where the pivots and lift cylinders are. Cant quite make it out. 
Praise The Lord

Rockhill

Quote from: teakwood on June 07, 2020, 02:38:45 PM
can you make a closer foto from the fel? i would love to see how the mechanism works. i would prefer 1000 times to have a FEL on my deere 540 than the blade

Nice machine  

mike_belben

Alright so the forks curl and clamp and the black cylinders raise the mast.  How high can it lift.. About 4ft?

Man id love to have that woodlot weapon.  Nice score.
Praise The Lord

Rockhill

Quote from: mike_belben on June 07, 2020, 03:58:59 PM
Alright so the forks curl and clamp and the black cylinders raise the mast.  How high can it lift.. About 4ft?

Man id love to have that woodlot weapon.  Nice score.
I believe it can lift 14'. I'll be able to take some video in a couple of weeks when it gets to Alaska.  Yes, I'm pretty stoked.  It will be a versatile machine. I bought the skidder from a member here. I have a short clip of him operating the skidder that shows some functionality of the forks. I'm waiting for his permission before posting.

mike_belben

If it goes up that high holy smokes ill be impressed.  You could load a log truck with it.  The hood does have loader arm scrapes right to the top. 
Praise The Lord

Rockhill

Quote from: mike_belben on June 07, 2020, 10:00:40 PM
If it goes up that high holy smokes ill be impressed.  You could load a log truck with it.  The hood does have loader arm scrapes right to the top.
Here's a screen capture of a video I have where the previous owner is loading the bucket in the back of my pickup. It will go higher.

barbender

I didn't realize the whole cab structure moved like that. Kinda funky, but kinda cool, too!
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Same here.. I missed the cab pivot.  I thought the curl cylinders were the boom cylinders.  Bet its no fun to load in the rain! LoL
Praise The Lord

teakwood

Dang i was trying for 10min to figure out the mechanism and didn't get it, after that i scrolled down and saw the pictures  . what a nice system, kinda weird though  
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Rockhill

Sorry for the crappy video. For some reason it recorded at triple speed and it was difficult to slow it down to normal speed during editing. Shout out to seller and board member Breithaupts. Great guy to do business with. Very helpful.

https://youtu.be/vfMS5Tc-hpk

mike_belben

Youve got the vid set to private
Praise The Lord

Rockhill

Quote from: mike_belben on June 08, 2020, 10:38:32 PM
Youve got the vid set to private
Thanks. Should be good to go now.

Rockhill

Gary Davis

GARRETTS ROCK     8)                                                                                                                  8)congratulations on your find I have only seen pics of your model is it gas or diesel,  I have a garrett 15 with the diesel does not look as pretty  but it sure pulls and it make a good snow plow in the winter
looking forward to seeing your pics  

Thank You Sponsors!