iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fork Extender Strap Connection?

Started by kantuckid, October 06, 2020, 05:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

Fork extenders are real common, but...
 My question is to see what others have used to fasten a nylon strap on forks or fork extensions to retain the strap when used to hold timbers and wall logs for construction purposes? 
My only idea so far is to drill a whole in the extensions which is easy as they're 1/4" metal. 
I'd rather not drill my forks :D which might just be a tough task anyway. When I was in industry we used C-clamps on forks some, but I never saw a purposeful connection on a fork tip? 
Ideas?   
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Don P

All I can say there is a c clamp on a fork cost me a windshield as a young man, and I had to fish the engine out of the pinto frame  :-\.

moosehunter

I have seen many a fork with a hole burnt through the end with a torch. Make the hole big enough for a trailer ball and you'll add one more useful tool 
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

kantuckid

Now that you mention the oxy/actyl hole I've seen that one several times and used a clevis on them.  
Don's comment reminded me of my days as a mechanic millwright at Goodyear plant and stringing conveyor belts. We used a belt clamp and a rope to thread and pull them. One guy I was apprenticed under-"Bob" hollers at me to stay back from the rope about the time it snapped like a high powered rifle shot. He then told me one of those ropes blasted him in the butt or hip.

My oxygen gauge has stopped sending gas for lack of use I guess? I checked the diapragm and looked good to me?
 I bought several shortish nylon straps to go with my other tad longer ones for my current build. In past I just forked the straps.  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!