iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wrap and strap

Started by logman, May 12, 2017, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman

If anyone is ever interested in a very detailed tutorial on wrap and strap of a timber frame my client John has a ongoing blog on The Garage Journal.  It is listed as "barn workshop build" under user name "ururk".  I tried to copy and paste the link to his posts but it wouldn't work.  He researches every detail and posts every step.   

LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

Brian_Weekley

He did a great job documenting his job and a heck of a lot of work for sure!

P.S.  Can be found by searching for "barn workshop build" at garagejournal (dot) com

e aho laula

TimFromNB

Thanks for posting this, I will be reading up on this post!

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Brian_Weekley on May 12, 2017, 01:40:00 PM
He did a great job documenting his job and a heck of a lot of work for sure!

P.S.  Can be found by searching for "barn workshop build" at garagejournal (dot) com
Maybe it is just me, but I cannot find his post about it.  I went to the website and put in the search item and get "no results".  I found some posts for "workshop build" but nothing about wrap and strap.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

logman

It's not under wrap and strap, it is under "barn workshop build" like Brian posted.  Thanks for that Brian.  It is a lot more than just wrap and strap, he documents every little detail starting from the foundation to the point he is up to now. 
M&K Timber Works

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: logman on May 21, 2017, 09:47:28 PM
It's not under wrap and strap, it is under "barn workshop build" like Brian posted.  Thanks for that Brian.  It is a lot more than just wrap and strap, he documents every little detail starting from the foundation to the point he is up to now.
No, I searched for "barn workshop build" and the site says there is nothing found.  When I searched for "barn build" I found a couple of threads about conventional stick framing.  And then there is the java script on that web site that keeps failing and locking up my browser until I get the popup to cancel it...

I was really hoping to see how they handle the wrap and strap.
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

logman

I just searched on their site and it was the 5th listing that came up.  User name is "ururk".
M&K Timber Works

logman

I meant to add I searched "barn workshop build".
M&K Timber Works

Ljohnsaw

OK, I see what I was doing wrong - besides assuming this web site would work as well as the FF ;)

I was using the Search on the front page.  You have to drill down into the Forums and use that search.  And then you still have to deal with the plugin script that keeps locking up.  I hate sites that have all that junk "news".  What a time waster!  This message took me about 3 minutes to type between the lockups!
John Sawicky

Thank You Sponsors!