iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Picked up

Started by orion388, March 21, 2013, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orion388

Well today the wife and I made the trip to Shade Gap ... To say that the reception we recieved from Mr. Parsons was friendly is an understatement. What a class operation.. Thank you Marty!

The beast is in sitting safely in my driveway waiting for the weekend and lord willing the wind stops blowing. A few trees shall hit the groud in a loud thud..

Thanks again to Marty and his staff.. Awesome operation you are running.

John
LT35HD, Kubota L4330, Stihl 361, 026, Massey Fersuson 55, Ventrac, Grasshopper, Small dumptruck and a huge yearning for knowledge from this forum.

clww

That's great! And you're close to our cabin, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

John, I know the feeling of getting a new mill, hard to beat, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience, have fun, I'm happy for you, david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

A very nice mill. You will be even more happy with it when the sawdust is flying.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

I think you recall the rule??
Didn't happen unless there are photos!! :D

congratulation, 

DGDrls

woodweasel

Congratulations buddy! 2 more days and a wake up and I to Shall experience what you are! 8)hope you can figure out how to send some pics! I'm still having trouble!

francismilker

Congratulations on future sawdust boogers :D

Hope to see pictures soon.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

rooster 58

Welcome to the Forum ;)

Marty is an awesome guy, as well as his wife Lisa! They are both very professional and supportive

What model of mill didya get? Pics?

thecfarm

rooster,the size is in his signature. I think he updated that before he posted.  ;D He is some proud and should be too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Certainly Congrats are in order.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scully

While visiting my folks last summer I went to a wood show with my dad and got to meet Marty . Great guy ! Him and his wife have an awsome setup selling mills etc !  NMD new mill day is one of the best feelings of all time ! I don't think you ever realy get over it ! Congrats !
I bleed orange  .

dblair

I remember the last time I was in Broadway , went past the turn when I was on the way to Singers Glen for a tractor show . Love to visit that area it's a nice place to be . good luck with the mill .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Chuck White

Congratulations Orion338.

Lots of good times ahead.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

orion388

Thank you one and all.... Calling for snow again this weekend and the wind has been blowing way too hard to even attempt any cutting... I guess I'll just to have to wax it !  8)
LT35HD, Kubota L4330, Stihl 361, 026, Massey Fersuson 55, Ventrac, Grasshopper, Small dumptruck and a huge yearning for knowledge from this forum.

rooster 58

Oopsie! My bad, I didn't notice that. Congrats on the mill Orion, and welcome to the forum ;)

dukndog

Congrats on the new mill!! smiley_thumbsup
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

millwright

Congrat's on the new mill I've had an LT35hyd for about 2 years, it's a great machine and can easily cut over the rated bf per hour.

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations on the new mill!  I remember Jan 18 2001 when I got mine brought from Hannibal NY by Dave Scott Jr.   BTW I was through Broadway VA several times. That was the home of Carlyle Lynch  the furniture plans draftsman too!   
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!