iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daylight Saving Time

Started by TexasTimbers, March 06, 2007, 09:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scgargoyle

I heard someone say that changing the clocks to get more daylight is like cuttin' yer head off and standin' on it to make yerself taller- kinda like what Don said. :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

SwampDonkey

The issue for me and family isn't about gaining daylight, can't do anything about that. But, we like the longer evenings after supper. Up here we eat around 5:00 and it's not going to be dark for over 3 hours afterward. ;D and even more daylight as June approaches obviously. 11.5 hours local daylight now, regardless of the clocks.  ;)

You guys over analyze stuff, life's much simpler. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DWM II

I just know I'd rather work in the dark at my "regular" job and work at home in the daylight. ;)
Stewardship Counts!

Corley5

Quote from: DWM II on March 09, 2007, 06:48:59 PM
I just know I'd rather work in the dark at my "regular" job and work at home in the daylight. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D  You got that right  8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

PineNut

When I was working for someone else, I enjoyed DST. Had more time to do things that I wanted to. But now that I am retired, I can take it either way. My daily activities are by sun time and I don't worry about clock time.

SwampDonkey

I bet when it's supper 'time', your not far away.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PineNut

Since I retired, I adjust my personal time as to events and not the clock. And you can be sure that meal time is one of the events.

Thank You Sponsors!