iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whose from north carolina

Started by Rolo446, March 02, 2020, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolo446

I have looked and searched but I cant find a post with who is from North Carolina I'm from godwin nc who all else is from the ol nc

jeepcj779

You know me already. There are a couple others within reasonable driving distance. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

Jeff

Odds are there are a several hundred at least. Probably only 5% of registered members add a location.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Patrick NC

I'm from Casar NC. Town of 290 people about 50 miles northwest of Charlotte. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

SawyerTed

Germanton, NC in view of Hanging Rock State Park.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

curdog

Yep, right on the edge of the mountains 

Rolo446

Dang so far it seems like a bunch of yall are from towards the mountains

jeepcj779

Lots of trees over that way. SawyerTed is only a couple hours away.

scsmith42

If you're from Godwin do you know Gene Ezzell of Ezzell Electric?  He is a good friend and lives across from the post office.

I'm about 45 minutes from Godwin, in-between Sanford and Apex.

Lots of NC members represented here.  Around Raleigh are several; more to the west towards the mountains too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Rolo446

Quote from: scsmith42 on March 03, 2020, 09:59:17 AM
If you're from Godwin do you know Gene Ezzell of Ezzell Electric?  He is a good friend and lives across from the post office.
I dont know him personally but I do know of him. I work for the power company and have worked around him a lil bit. I believe he is at HBC now running their generator division.

scsmith42

Quote from: Rolo446 on March 03, 2020, 10:11:16 AM
I dont know him personally but I do know of him. I work for the power company and have worked around him a lil bit. I believe he is at HBC now running their generator division.
Gene was with HBC for a while but now he's on his own doing generator and industrial electrical installations.  
His knowledge about commercial electrical is formidable, as is his knowledge about older diesel powered equipment.  He is literally a mechanical genius - a dying breed, to say the least.
He will be installing a new 480V service at my farm later this month.
I am blessed to be considered as one of his friends.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Rolo446

Quote from: scsmith42 on March 03, 2020, 10:18:23 AM
Quote from: Rolo446 on March 03, 2020, 10:11:16 AM
Gene was with HBC for a while but now he's on his own doing generator and industrial electrical installations.  
His knowledge about commercial electrical is formidable, as is his knowledge about older diesel powered equipment.  He is literally a mechanical genius - a dying breed, to say the least.
He will be installing a new 480V service at my farm later this month.
I am blessed to be considered as one of his friends.
Yes sir I have heard they guys at work talking bout how smart he is. Guys like him are hard to find, an you are right they are a dying breed.

samandothers

South and east of Charlotte NC.  So I recon that would make me in the Piedmont.

stanmillnc

I'm in South Charlotte, on the border of SC.

Don P

I'm from Durham but up in the mountains just over the VA line. My folks are in my Mother's hometown and where both of them went to ECTC in Greenville, Dad was from a little crossroads SE of Wilson, big Sis is at Jordan Lake.

carter boy

Newbie here and I'm in Reidsville . Little town between Greensboro and Danville Va.

samandothers

Lived in Reidsville in 85 to 87.  Enjoyed my stay there.   Then off to Chapel Hill.  Interesting place Chapel Hill.  Left there after 4 years and moved to where we are tiday.,  Southeast of Charlotte.

Tom King

On Lake Gaston, a stones throw from the Virginia line.  I have no idea where Godwin is though.

Don P

Quote from: Tom King on May 01, 2020, 08:06:31 PM
On Lake Gaston, a stones throw from the Virginia line.  I have no idea where Godwin is though.

It's about shouting distance from Spiveys Corner.

We built a cypress log house outside of Ruffin years ago. 

tree-farmer

Family has been in Henderson county NC since the late 1700's. I'm in Flat rock near the Carl Sandburg stste park.
Being local I feel like an endangered species,  lots of folks from other places.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Thumper41

Not from there and not living there anymore. But was in Jacksonville NC for about a decade and a half.

WV Sawmiller

Thumper,

I spent my last USMC tour there then left there in 1990 to work in Saudi and moved the family from there to WV July 1990 and we have been here ever since. Still have good friends there including a lady working as contractor doing the landscaping on CLNC and her now retired boyfriend who helps me check my catfish lines every time they come by.

Our daughter, SIL, GS & GD live there in Charlotte. She works at the Levine Medical Center. Before this virus hit we'd make a trip down there several times a year and I'm suffering from from grandchild withdrawal symptoms now and sure need to see and provide appropriate grandfatherly training. ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Poquo

I was born in Hampton ,Va , but spent a lot of summers working on my Grandparents farm in Chowan County , Nc .
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Tom the Sawyer

I'm not from NC but three years ago my wife found out that she was from Catawba County, with relatives there and several other counties in western NC.  Been there 3 times since then. :)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

farmfromkansas

When I was playing genealogy, found I had an ancestor who lived at Guilford county NC before 1800.  He died in 1799. Have a copy of his will, but it is not real clear. He was a veteran of the Revolutionary war, and was my 5th great granddad.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!