iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is an old husky better?

Started by burch, November 23, 2004, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burch

I have a friend who has spent many years working for the forest circus and he advised me to look into a husky that was made in sweden instead of the new US made models.  Are they really better tools? are parts hard to find for the older ones or are they basically the same as the new lightweights under the shell?

Timberwerks

I'm pretty sure most of the saws are still made in Sweden except for three or four home owner type models. I would say all the pro saws are still made in Sweden I have four 04' saws 55, 372, 385, 3120 all are made in Sweden.

Dale

tony_marks

in my opinion as to husky.. this is a known value versus the unknown future products.. i know some are saying the 372 has been replaced as the premier saw..but it ranks with the 028 stihl as an saw of saws. dependable ,excellent performance ,,and also responds to modiification very well.only reason i need another saw is just conveniance.lt wt etc.. but i can take this saw an do everything i need to do..ive wondred if i wouldnt be better off just to do that.. jmo.. one saw,one man,, who knows how to use it...

sawguy21

The entry level saws, 136 and 141, are made by Poulan which, like Husky, is owned by Electrolux. The rest of the saws come from Sweden and these are my favourites.
Most of their lawn, garden, and commercial lawn equipment is made in the U.S. by companies owned by Electrolux. For instance, the power rakes and aerators are orange Bluebirds
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!