iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Will Clutch Fit New Bigger Motor?

Started by skocienski, February 28, 2012, 09:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skocienski

Later on if upgrading to bigger motor will the same clutch set up work on my new motor? Also will the new motor be too much for the smaller blades that smaller mills use, say 19inch wheels? I realize that i might have to fab new motor mount assembly, no problem there. Am i correct in assuming the bigger motor will have a larger output shaft therefore different clutch set up?

sawguy21

Welcome to the forum. What engine do you have and what are you upgrading to? What clutch are you using?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

skocienski

Sorry i worded the question wrong. I made it sound like ive already got the new mill. Havent decided on one yet still searching. Can you give suggestion on some set ups that do or do not interchange?

Magicman

I can't help you with your questions but, Welcome to the Forestry Forum, skocienski.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

If you have not looked already try Linn Sawmills

They sell whole mills and parts, perhaps you can build a unit with upgrade potential??
http://www.linnlumber.com/

Best
DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!