iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

64 timberjack 200 skidder

Started by rputt.tj200, March 15, 2012, 08:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rputt.tj200

I finally completed my complete rebuild of my timberjack 200.  I went to the bare frame and built it back from, there.  I added a cage for protection to make it CLP compliant.  Can't wait until after mud season to get it dirty.

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

thecfarm

It looks brand new. A nice job.Waiting for the mud to dry up? You in Canada, New England,NY area?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jocco

Nice job a lot of that machine looks like a 201 201b not the later 200
You may check out but you will never leave

Stephen Alford

A "looker" for sure, nice job.   8)
logon

Ron Scott

Well done! I'm partial to the "old jacks".
~Ron

Autocar

Great job looks great and will pull like a new one  ;)
Bill

lumberjack48

Back in 65 i was peeling Aspen for a guy from International Falls, he had one just like it. We were logging by Ash River, between Inter Falls and Orr. He was cutting Aspen 100" 3 guys, landing man, skidder operator and Feller. They were putting 1000 cd a month on the landing, this is when i seen the light. He was getting $10. a cd, $10,000 a month was good money. He paid the landing man $1.50 a cord, same with skidder driver. He showed me his felling method, that little TJ went back an forth like a sewing machine.
I would use the same felling method today.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

rputt.tj200

thanks for the comments,  I am currently using a 201B that is similar to this one but with a ford desiel instead of gas.  I can run all day long on 3 gallons of fuel with that one, looking forward to see what this one does.  the weather in Maine has been warm and the frost is leaving the ground quick.

lumberjack48

I ran about 5 to 7 gals of gas a day though my 68 Treefarmer. I bought this new in 68 for $9500. i was 20 yrs old

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

barbender

Nice job on that restoration, it looks great.
Too many irons in the fire

Jardine

Do you no the hydrolic filter # and where I could get the things to hold it in the tank my tank was bare rebuilding it . Thanks 

sandersen

Good job!!  Congrats on the restore. A worthy project for sure to bring back an old Jack.  Good luck.
"Make every step count."

Thank You Sponsors!