iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dust Collection

Started by MrMoo, April 13, 2005, 10:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoo

I know most the sawmillers deal with sawdust in an outdoor location but I found this web site that talks about collecting sawdust in an indoor work shop. I thought it might be a help to some of us here so I thought I'd start this topic.
I stumbled onto this site while trying to get some info on a used dust collection system I was thinking of buying. Based on what I found here I decided I better think about it some more before buying anything.
This guy has done lots of research and is willing to share it with everyone -- seems pretty decent to me. Unfortunately he is dealing with severe health problems that seem to be preventing him from enjoying his woodworking hobby.
Hope this helps some foks out.
Mike

beenthere

I'm looking for that website. Is it in code?   :)

In my shop, I use a window box fan, and place a 20"x20" furnace filter on the intake side. It seems to get most fine particles out of the air quickly, moves around to where I need it easily, and the filters are pretty cheap to exchange. It's kept me from buying the stationary ceiling dust collectors, and works along with the vacuum collector.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

MrMoo

Yup I did it again no link   ;)
Kind of like when I send an email talking about attached document & forget to attach it.

Actually I was using that invisible ink again and if you have the official Forestry Forum magic decoder ring you can get the link.

Jeff, how many trees do you need to have to get the decoder ring?  ;D

Ok here is the link.
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

Thank You Sponsors!