iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What I have been up to

Started by brdmkr, December 06, 2006, 11:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I have been trying to spend every spare minute trying to get my shop built.  I thought I might share some pics as this represents the first construction using lumber that I cut myself 8)

This is the west side.  The truss bracing is still in place.  I really wish I had built my trusses too, but I was concerned about the inspector,s thoughts, and I really wanted to get the shop finished and I didn't have dry lumber to build the trusses >:(

Here it is from the other end.  Notice the header.  It is 4x14 pecan.  I cut it for a potential mantle, but it checked.  I think it will hold up here OK.

Finally, the south view. 

The shop will measure 25 x 40.   I am hoping to side with SYP board and batten. 

I also got to saw a little recently. 

This log is 20 inches on the small end and 19' long.  Lumber in the background is for a paying customer 8) 8)

The finished product was really nice.  It was mostly clear with very few knots. 

Basically, this whole post is just a covert attempt to remind myself how to post pics!  It has been a long time!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Stump Jumper

keep up the nice work looks good
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

DanG

Like WOW, Mike!  That looks great! 8) 8)  You've been quite the busy lad lately.  No wonder I ain't seen you down this way.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

leweee

Looken good there brdmkr. 8) The shop & the lumber ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Coon

Looking great.  Keep working on that shop and get it filled up. Then you can start on the next one.  That'll fill up too. ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

brdmkr

Quote from: DanG on December 06, 2006, 11:24:11 PM
Like WOW, Mike!  That looks great! 8) 8)  You've been quite the busy lad lately.  No wonder I ain't seen you down this way.

I have been thinking about dropping in on you, but I have been all over the place since about Mid-September.  I am THINKING that things will slow down after next week.  Of course, they'll pick right back up again with the new year.

Thanks to all for the nice complements.  It really does feel good knowing that I milled the lumber 8) 8) 8)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

tcsmpsi

Well, I looked around there at what you had...

I don't want to hear no more naggin' at me for being neat, bud.  ;)
:D

Looks good.  But, you know that.  I am glad to share in your sense of accomplishment.

michael

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

brdmkr

Quote from: tcsmpsi on December 07, 2006, 07:33:22 AM
Well, I looked around there at what you had...

I don't want to hear no more naggin' at me for being neat, bud.  ;)
:D

Looks good.  But, you know that.  I am glad to share in your sense of accomplishment.

michael

I watched the camera angles to make the absolute best of it ;).  I didn't want to be embarrassed after seeing that setup of yours :)

Trust me.... It is far from neat.

Thank You Sponsors!