iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry expo

Started by reswire, May 16, 2014, 05:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reswire

I went to the Forestry expo in Richmond today, and was impressed with all the bright shiny new toys! 8)  A little disappointed with my checkbook though, just couldn't seem to find any money there!  If you ever wanted to see a new mill work, most of the major brands were there, running the mills for the public.  Lots of firewood processors, and support equipment as well.  If you are within a few hours drive, it is worth the time!
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

James MacDonald

Reswire,
I am still happy in Southern MD and going to Expo tomorrow.  How did you survive 5 inches rain in 12 hours?    Expect it to be extra busy tomorrow due to today's weather.  I have a Buddy moving from Massachusetts to Virginia that I talk to every 6 months or a year. On my way home from work tonight I call him, just to see if he has moved..... And he is in a convoy of 3 vehicles on his way to the Expo tomorrow and bought his Hudson sawmill 1 1/2 years ago.  I told him I bought my first mill this January. He is Pulling a load of WP and cedar beams to his new property, going to the show tomorrow. 
Try as I could, no one I know here was remotely interested in the show... And now I get a whole family to Kick around with tomorrow.      8)  I be sawing through a Good Life tomorrow!
You should see what I Saw

Timberking 2000, 1964 Hyster FL, Kabota 43DT w/grapple, Case 580C hoe and never enough Tools

manoverboard

reswire, you looking for another new mill? :D :D :D :D
TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

reswire

The rain was hard and steady,,, sounded like a freight train while it was hitting the roof!!  I'm lucky I live on sandy land, if I still had my farm in St. Mary's, I probably be underwater! :D  My son is coming by tomorrow to either work on my boat, or saw a few logs I've got laying around.  I'd prefer to saw the logs, but the fish are biting near the house and that ain't such a bad thing either. 
The rain was over by 10 a.m., and it was pretty busy at the expo, but not as busy as it's gonna be Saturday I'm sure.  Tell your friend good luck with his travels, hope his trip is worth it!  Hudson had a few mills there, so did Woodmizer, Baker, Norwood, and some commercial mills also.  Pallet companies were there, and tons of support equipment for the logging industry.  I did see some very cool outdoor furnace companies, one that burnt wood chips which was exceptionally interesting.  Good to see people thinking "green"; today's industry is very eco conscious it seems.  I didn't see it all, I might go back tomorrow with my son if we can't agree on the agenda. :D

Nanjemoy is pretty country, no doubt you like it there.  Real good deer hunting if you like to eat healthy. 

See ya round the forum! 
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

reswire

Quote from: manoverboard on May 16, 2014, 08:54:46 PM
reswire, you looking for another new mill? :D :D :D :D

Manoverboard,,, I am the type that would buy one of each if I could!  I love the new Woodmizer, I'm really happy with the people at Shade Gap, and the mill is working like a charm.  I just gotta find some more logs and time to mill them.  My wife is writing a "Honey do list" in retaliation for purchasing the new mill (or so it seems), and darn if that isn't putting some stress on an otherwise perfect relationship.  ;D ;D  Of course things were perfect when it was so cold the grass was brown, and it was too cold to paint the porch, and too cold to plant the garden, and too cold to plant the new trees on the driveway, and too cold to build the new chicken coop,,,, etc., etc.  Now don't think I'm lazy,,, just cold weather is perfect for working around a mill, or spending some time in a tree stand, or hanging around the wood stove in the shop, fishing for big rockfish, or cutting some firewood with the buddies who know how to keep me laughing,,, you know the good stuff.  He He.

Buddyw

Reswire
I was at the expo all today too, sorry I missed you but, their was a lot to look at. I am thinking about one of those fire wood processors.
I did see and talk Bobby and Lori Goodson again , they are good people.
You said " I just gotta find some more logs and time to mill them"
Don't forget our buddy Bobby, and the logs he has waiting for you to mill.

Thank You Sponsors!