iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Custom table

Started by Frank_Pender, January 04, 2006, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

woodhick

Very nice piece Frank.  I build furniture for a side business along with my mill.  I really like the carving, did you do it yourself.  Would love to find some slabs that big here on the East coast.  I am currently researching buying a second sawmill, my first being a woodmizer knockoff homade mill.  I'm thinking about a swinger so I will have the slabbing capability.  How well do you like the Lucas.  Thanks.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Frank_Pender

Woodhick, what I did was simply buy the bracket system for the Lucas and designed a system to operate it with my Mobile Dimension mill. 

As to the carving, no, I did not do the carving. :'(  I have a resident type artist that does that kind of work when I get a commission for a project. 8)

The next three projects are three benches, ranging in prices of $500, $1,200, and

$3,000.   They are all for three different folks.  The least and most expensive are out of Western Red Cedar.  The middle prices is out of a West Coast Redwood Burl log that is eight fet long and 3' in diameter.
Frank Pender

sawmill_john

Looking good Frank,  I'm still going to make it down to see your place, I know you've heard it for years now!  this spring I'm coming down. 

john

Frank_Pender

I now, John.  It has been about 13 years I have heard that kind of talk. :D
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!