iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colorado or Bust #31 Back home

Started by Magicman, October 07, 2009, 09:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I quit.  I'm through sawing.  I've unloaded my truck, and parked the mill.  It's over for me......until November.... :)

It's time for the DW and I to take a trip.  We'll leave on the 13th for the Colorado 2nd Elk season which opens on the 17th.

First came the unloading  all of the sawmill stuff off of the truck and storing it in the carport.

Next is loading all of the heavy stuff in the trailer.

Then the camper gets rolled out.  I'll load it on the truck in a few days.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WH_Conley

Had me scared there fer a minete.
Bill

Magicman

I got the camper loaded on the truck today, and most of the clothes are packed.  Vittles come next..... :)

Here is the camper loaded and in the "travel" mode.

With the top raised to the "sleeping" mode.  When we set up camp, I'll unload the camper off of the truck.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Have fun! My neighbors yard looks something similar to yours. They've got a 20' enclosed for the atv's and a 20' camper trailer for the hopeful elk hunters. Maybe you'll meet them out there in CO :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

fishpharmer

PM me your address, I don't mind babysitting your mill while your gone.   :D ;) 8)

Nice rig, got the ATV and everything.  Looks like fun.

Have fun and be careful.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

Looks like a great rig!   Have Fun! 8) 8)

Magicman

We had a great trip.....just no elk.  Second day, I had a bull within 35 yards, but his body was completely screened by Aspins.  Only legal bull that I saw.  I had a spike within 50 yards a couple of days later, but not legal.

I did see a very big bear, but had no tag.  The first thing that I thought was that he needed to grow about 6 more inches of legs to keep his belly from dragging the ground.  He was very dark brown with redish front legs and shoulders.

A couple of shots of camp after we got set up.  Notice that the DW is taking a break.

The Magicman taking a break and brewing a cup of tea.

After a hard day

Don K

Sorry it was a bust meat wise, but look at it this way. You got to see some country, camp in the great outdoors with your wife and excercise a freedom that a lot of people in this world doesn't have.

I have always wanted to do just what you are doing. I'm proud for you, maybe one day I will get to.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Magicman

Yup Don, No complaints from me .  Just to get out and enjoy is pleasure enough..... :)

Raider Bill

Couple things............

First Nice Hat!

Second why do you cover the camper? Wind? Rain? Heat?

Thrid, Nice set up there!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 27, 2009, 04:21:08 PM
Couple things............

First Nice Hat!

Second why do you cover the camper? Wind? Rain? Heat?

Thrid, Nice set up there!

Thanks.
That old hat has been with me since '73.  It has made 30 Colorado and Wyoming trips.  I described it a bit more in the "Beard" thread.

I cover the camper because many times we may get as much as a foot of snow.  When I drag the cover off, off comes the snow.  Just makes taking down easier.

We've had this rig since '04.  Handiest and most comfortable setup for us yet.  Thanks for the compliment..... :)

Raider Bill

I saw the other post just reinforcing how much we like that hat! ;D

WDH

Looks like Fall out there.  Fall has not arrived here yet  :).  Now that you are all refreshed, you can saw like a banshee  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on October 27, 2009, 06:10:15 PM
Now that you are all refreshed, you can saw like a banshee  :D.

Got 2 new saw jobs today.  Seems like I can't even get unpacked before folks want me to go back to work.

I'll be in Tupelo at the Mississippi Forestry Ass'n Annual Meeting for the rest of the week.  We won County Ass'n of the Year, so I've got to go and be presented with the plaque...... :) smiley_clapping

It's so hard to be humble when you are so good.....

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

I thought that it was time to revive this elk hunting thread.  My whiskers are grown back out and I found my HAT.  My work truck is unloaded and ready for the camper.  I'm in the process of loading the trailer.  I've really been getting stuff together and kinda packing for a week.  Everything got washed this morning.

Our Son, Marty is going with me this year.  He hasn't been in a couple of years so he is looking forward to this year's trip.  We are going to break new ground this year (at least for us).  We have been close to this area and on Google Earth, it looks really rugged.  Time will tell just how fast this old man can climb those hills.  We will be camped at 9700' and will hunt downhill.

We plan to leave home Tuesday the 19th.  We'll eat a steak in Amarillo, Tx. at the Big Texan, spend the night in Dalhart, Tx. and  get to our camping area Wednesday afternoon.  That will give us two full days to sort things, and ourselves out.

Raider Bill

Mooseherder

isawlogs

Take the hat , bring the camera, hunt hard play harder take pics doing both .  ;) :D

Not ever been on an elk hunt , is hunting downhill the way its done  ???

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

No, hunting downhill is not the normal in typical situations, but in this location, the National Forest road actually follows the top of the mountain.  The lower country is all private owned.  We non-resident hunters have no choice but to go to the top, camp, and hunt down.  It makes for a heavy load packing out.  This is a "No ATV" area.  We will use the ATV to travel about a mile from camp to the trailhead.

This will be my 31st trip since the first one 1973.

Loading the trailer with camping gear.

Raider Bill

Magicman

Sir, you are very observant and very correct.  The Magicman does not freeze his hands and face when riding in cold weather.   ;)  It also helps with spider webs, etc. during the other times.   :)

isawlogs

Those windshieds are also very good to hide behind when driving around with other , the dust dont get as far into your teeth with one.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!