iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Identification

Started by Susurrous, September 07, 2021, 12:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susurrous

Hello everybody! 

I have this poor, root-bound tree in a large pot in the backyard. I've long since forgotten what sort of tree this is, so I wanted to get some help identifying it so I can determine whether or not it's safe to plant permanently.

Walnut Beast

Looking to find out what this tree is. I have no idea. I don't know if it's a Mulberry or what ? 

WDH

The leaves pictured in the OP's post are big tooth aspen.

Beast, yes, your tree is mulberry.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Walnut Beast

Thanks! Seems to be growing on the ground 

SwampDonkey

I see leaves (deltoid shape) of eastern cottonwood or a hybrid there of. Large tooth aspen does not have deltoid leaves, they are egg shaped and first emerging leaves are covered in white hairs. The branch shown does not fit any aspen I've seen. I'm sure is the later or hybrid.

Full leaf shape in avatar.

You've got flowers and leaves of something else shown there to, which looks like a shrub. So not all that sure what you're asking about. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Good call there, SD.  Populus from another mother  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

KEC

WB, If you decide to cut up the mulberry it is very good stovewood.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: KEC on February 21, 2022, 11:04:07 AM
WB, If you decide to cut up the mulberry it is very good stovewood.
Good for milling and carving and turning, too. Can be beautiful stuff.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Walnut Beast

I would like to cut some of that along with Osage Orange 

Thank You Sponsors!