iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

business plans for sawmills

Started by Quebecnewf, May 16, 2005, 08:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

are there any business plans for small scale sawmill startup out there . I would really like to see actual plans that were done and used as tools to get startup funds from lenders.

Anyone bought business plan software and used it to write up their own sawmill startup plan would love to see a copy

thanks

Ga_Boy

Quebecnewf,

I just completed the Small Business Administration loan process.  My buisiness plan includes a mill, kiln and support equipment.

I used the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), they provided a business and marketing advisor.

I started using a business plan guide developed by the US Forestry Service, this was a waste of time, my business advisor had me redraft my plan using a format that local lendors used and reconigzed.

You can find SBDC associated with local universities or try your Chamber of Commerce.

I hope these names translate to Canada.

I do know the one thing that made my effort easy was I conducted a market survey of potential customers.  The lenders loved that stuff and it shows you did your homework and you have a reasonable chance with success.

Let me know if there are any questions you have.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!