iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone heard of a Jacobsen tractor?

Started by BoyZinthewoods, April 10, 2016, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoyZinthewoods

have one that showed up here.  the only identifier i can see is Jacobsen mfg co and a serial #.  probably from the 60's or 70's It has dual rear wheels, hardly any ground clearance,  looks like a yard tractor but is super beefy and has a 4cyl ford and pto.  tows a 3 gang of cylinder mowers.  turf style.  Any one know about these?  If i could fit a snow plow or tiller I'd consider keeping it. 
"Making a living without a job"

Magicman

Jacobsen Manufacturing Company in Racine, Wisconsin and they also had another plant here in Brookhaven, Ms.  They also re-badged many tractors for other companies such as Ford and Craftsman.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

They are still building professional turf care equipment. They were also known for high quality consumer lawn and garden equipment but that division disappeared when Textron sold the company around 1990.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gspren

My dad had a Jacobsen garden tractor about 50 yrs ago, pretty good little tractor. The only ones I've seen in a long time were commercial mowing machines.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

red

They are used on golf courses . They also go really fast . I have seen them.for sale for about $1200
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Kbeitz

One of my first tractors was a  Jacobsen garden tractor. It was a good tractor for it's time.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!