iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the Forum.

Started by SpoonSwain, October 13, 2014, 01:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpoonSwain

Hello All!
I am new to the Forum(s) and I've enjoyed reading/learning from several posts on here.  I look forward to being a part of this site.  My family and I will soon begin felling and chainsaw milling (Logosol M8 setup) spruce on our 40 acre wood (remote) for our first cabin up here in Southeast Alaska! For anyone interested, I threw a few pics in a folder that visually describe the lifestyle of my family and I. We all are truly blessed up here in "The Last Frontier". To all, a great day!

drobertson

Howdy, and welcome to the forum, looking forward to reading of your family's adventure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Hello SpoonSwain, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)

To make your photo gallery available for others to see, you will need to type in 37686 in the indicated place in your profile.  (That is your forum number 27686 + 10000.)  Also just a note; the gallery is only for pictures that you have actually posted here on the forum, not for personal storage.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, SpoonSwain
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

SpoonSwain,welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tcg

SpoonSwain,

Welcome to the forum from another Logosol M8 owner.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, SpoonSwain.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

schakey

smiley_wavy Welcome to the FF glad you joined and can't wait to see your cabin build  smiley_smash
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

slider

Welcome looking forward to your project.The picture thing took me a minute but you will get the hang of it.
al glenn

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mad murdock

Welcome spoonswain!  Southeast AK? Which town are you nearest? Yakutat, Ketchikan, Juneau, Cordova, or somewheres else?  The Greatland is great!! I spent a lot of time in the interior and northwest coastal regions. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

backwoods sawyer

Welcome spoonswain
S.E. AK is a great place to be.
Next weekend we are headed up to meet the Alaska marine highway in Bellingham.
Middle boy is moving his family down from Wrangell for the winter and has an extra trailer to tow.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

tule peak timber

Welcome to the forum. A great place with a lot of terrific people. I have fond memories of fishing out of SE, Sitka, Port Alexander, Petersberg...  8) I look forward to lots of pictures of your adventures in that beautiful rainforest. Cheers  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!