iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weather In NE States

Started by thecfarm, April 16, 2007, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

How my neighbors doing?They was calling for a foot of snow in my area.I'm kinda in central Maine,but when they saw the mountains on TV that's what we get,even though I'm not in the mountains.Started to rain here alittle around 1pm on Sunday,than the snow started around 4.Than the wind picked up some and the snow was coming down sideways.Went to bed still snowing,maybe 3 inches,woke up this morning,4am,pouring rain,the wind is blowing hard and the snow is just about gone.Rain is blowing against the house and it is some bad out there,as of now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bull

got about 2 inches of wet snow early yesterday AM mixed mess till about 4 then to all rain,snow has all been washed away..... yeah !!!!!  Scanner is going crazy w/ road closings and cellar pumping.
no flooding hear on our hill @ 800 + feet.. couple big puddles, but we're in goood shape...
With any luck I will be hired out w/ the tractor to open road drainage later!!

sprucebunny

The weather report is calling for 5-8 inches of rain  :o This isn't ending soon. Local reports say about half an inch an hour.

There is still snow on the ground here (nearConway) and north of Berlin, there's still a foot of snow in the woods.
In the woods and where there is a packed trail, the snow can keep water from it's normal paths and create new ones...usually right down the trail ::)

I'll go on a 'flood tour' this afternoon but the worst water often arrives 12-24 hours after the rain stops.

It'S POURING !!! Can't believe the electric is on....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

I'm just about to head down to the big city for a root canal.I hope it can be saved.Lucky me.What a day to have it done.Been bothering for a month now,I hate to put it off more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sprucebunny

Drive careful !!! I don't envy you at all  :o

isawlogs

Two ta three inches of snow , slush on da ground . It has stopped raining here , Missiquoi river is still in its bed and not in my field . If the rain holds off , and this wind we are getting keeps up , might not get too much flooding .
  I am just west of lake Memphrémagog and across da border from North Troy Vermont .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bill

Lake Memphrémagog - neat country though I try not to tell others how good it is - especially when frozen .

But - back to the weather - think its time to invest in a sump pump - though usually dry this storm did me in.

stonebroke

We got about a foot of snow west of Albany at 2000 feet started raining at noon and got it back to 6 inches by dark. Floods in the valley.

Stonebroke

sprucebunny

Total rain here at 6 this evening 4.4 to 4.8 "

It's being held back from draining to the rivers by slush. Small streams are flooding and hundreds of roads washed out.

thecfarm

From what I saw on the news down by the coast seem to got most of the water damage.When we went out there was a few places that water was over the road,but most was only a few inches for now.There was some cones up at a few places.We got about 5 inches of rain,so far.I went out to close up the ducks and chickens and could not hear the rain,it has turned mostly to snow.

thecfarm

Seems to be a mix right now.We have the ground white again with about an inch of snow.Wind has let up alot.Rest of the week looks better.The end of all this is in sight.Power only flickered here.Just enough to have to reset everything in the house.

moosehunter

At home we got about 18 inches of the wettest, heavest snow imaginable. Stuck my plow truck twice (third winter with this truck, never stuck it before), worked it out  once, pulled it out the second time with the tractor. I then parked the truck and used the tractor. I don't learn fast, but I do learn!
At work, much lower elevation we only got about 6 inches.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!