iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

O2 Sensor?

Started by OlJarhead, August 27, 2023, 02:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Anyone have an alternative part number or source for the Kholer O2 sensor for the 2016 26.5hp Kholer on the LT40?  Just in case WM can't get it to this week?

Also, any advice on removing the old one?  I sprayed it with penetrating fluid and am just looking for some input.

Heat?  C4?  ;D
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

ladylake

If they have locktite on it , it will need a little heat.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Southside

Datasheet would cut cleaner than C4.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

OlJarhead

Oh C4 cuts very clean!

Southside

But how you going to make a shape charge around that sensor? Couple dots of sheet and she will be ready to install the new one. My O2 sensor is good or I would try it on mine first.  :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

OlJarhead

Detcord, that would do it 😉

Actually C4 was made for cutting metal...at least that's what I trained in with it 😉

But I am hopeful I can get this one out with penetrating fluid and or heat otherwise it may have to be a big pipe wrench and cheater bar...and a new muffler lol

Southside

It's likely carboned up. Are there any injector cleaners that eat carbon available locally? 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

beenthere

QuoteBut I am hopeful I can get this one out with penetrating fluid 

Would be good if you have the blue creeper from LogRite. Can't be beat.. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OlJarhead

Not sure about the carbon eaters but ran some seafoam through it.

Would love some blue cheaper but had WD40

beenthere

Treat  yourself to the Blue Creeper and enjoy life. WD-40 not even in the same penetrating ballpark..   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

I meant to spray the threads with carbon eating fluid. And yea, WD40 is basically water, it doesn't penetrate much at all.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

DanielW

The Kohler number appears to be 2541807S (sometimes written as 25-418-07-S). Not sure about your area, but when I Google it Amazon seems to have them with 2 day shipping. Not that I necessarily want to turn into the type of person who buys everything from Amazon, but I concede that it's pretty convenient sometimes.

I no longer even try to get out O2 sensors without heat: just too risky to twist the manifold if it doesn't come loose. Give it a minute with the O/A torch or even a handheld MAP torch and it should spin out. Penetrating oils don't seem to do much for exhaust system components - just too much rust and galling from the heat/cool cycles.

jpassardi

I agree completely. Heat it if it doesn't move easily or you'll have much more work to do.
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

rusticretreater

Yeah heat would be good.  Also loosen, tighten, loosen, tighten.  There will be a lot of junk in the threads to knock off.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

OlJarhead

Heat worked and I was able to get one off Amazon (I am not a fan but for $37 vs $110 I couldn't argue) and got the mill back running!  8) 8) 8)

jpassardi

Good deal. Did you put anti-sieze on the threads so you don't get shafted next time?
Yeah, sometimes it's hard to argue with the prices of Chinesium non-critical parts from Amazon or Ebay. I recently got 4 glow plugs for my Bobcat for $25 in the mailbox the next day...
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

OlJarhead

So ya, I did not.

I also was unhappy with my chasing of the threads and never felt they went in right.  I've decided the next time it needs doing I'll replace the exhaust too (this mill is 100% of the time outdoors and generally only the controls and debarker are covered so rust on the exhaust is terminal).

My plan is to setup a sawmill shed, replace the exhaust and O2 sensor when I do and then keep the mill dry! ;)  At least I hope I can make that happen.

Life has a way of getting in the way of my plans but I finally set up, what I think, is a log yard I can live with, with room to expand a little.

Thank You Sponsors!