iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Patty's Jeep

Started by Norm, March 21, 2004, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

Norm, thanks for the offer.  We'll probably come across on I-40, unless Patty throw's in the towel on the jeep!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

isawlogs

Patty, I read this over again I could not let it go with out knowing ;
          How is the jeep . Is it stll somewhat alive yet ???

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bill

Quote from: isawlogs on January 10, 2008, 02:48:49 PM

Patty, I read this over again I could not let it go with out knowing ;
          How is the jeep . Is it stll somewhat alive yet ???

Ditto  - hope its up and purring    8)

Patty

Funny you should bring this thread back up to the top.   

I have the jeep stored over at our old house in the garage. The two old guys never got it to run again, so I hired a crew to haul it home on a flat bed.  My cute little yellow jeep is nestled in there with the younger son's '67 Camaro and a few other toys that don't run.

My older son and his wife moved into the house last summer, and just happened to notice the garage was full.v :o   He really notices it when his cars are parked in front of the full garage . I told him it build character to scrape the ice & snow off his car every morning.  :)

I figure I will save Willy the Jeep for my grandson to tinker with. Maybe he will get it running someday... I would like nothing better than to see that yellow streak coming down my driveway...unless maybe I was sitting next to him riding shotgun.  8)   I can see it now, Granny & Grandson out cruising in the yellow Willy.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

Wow, it's been a little while since this thread got bumped to the top.  :) I was never mechanically inclined nor took interest in it much. If it didn't run it got towed and maybe one way. :D ;)

Not being judgmental or anything here.....  ;)

My brother is a wannabe, but about as far as he gets is parking old cars and trucks in the yard once run by the folks and dreaming about getting them running or trying to get more than they are worth. Thus they are still sitting there.  ;D :D Must have favored grandmother's crowd, with all these old rusted out 1950's cars hidden by forest growth in the back of the lot. He also has a V8 Camaro, 1993 model, and gets all riled up at dealers that tell him it's worth about $7500 and depreciating. He never drives it in winter and hardly in the summer. Now if it were a 60's Coravette, that would be a different matter. But, who knows in 20 years, eh? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ScottAR

I got a 460/c6 in the garage that'd make Willy go goooood....   ;D

The grandson may not need to ride wheelies with his first ride... 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sawguy21

Hmm, that would come under 'if a little is good, more is better, and too much is just enough'. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Patty

Holy buckets...a 460?  :o    I my VAST knowledge of engines  ::) I had no idea they made a 6 cylinder that big. My little yellow jeep would be sitting on his nose .
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

ScottAR

Oops...  460= Ford big block V8. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sawguy21

with  a C6 transmission. Don't feel bad Patty.

OneWithWood

Got me a 460 in the old F250.  Has an Eddlbrock carb, Eddlebrock heads, performance pistons and other goodies.  But it is still my trusty old woods truck.  You should see the look on the faces of the kids who pull up along side, as I am ambling down the road, and they try to blow me away at the stop sign.  It is funny!  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

Thanks Sawguy, but I don't feel bad....I make a fool of myself all the time on here showing off my knowledge!  :D   By the way, I don't know what a C6 transmission is either.  ::)

I have been asked what is wrong with old Willy and why he won't run. Well I really have no clue whatsoever. I can't even tell you what the two old guys did to it except cash my check...

I just keep hoping he will magically start up again one day and purr like a kitten. (and yes I do believe in fairy tails too! )
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

ScottAR

Since I started all this confusion...  A C6 is a 3spd. automatic used in full
size cars and trucks from the late 60's till the mid to late 80's. 
This particular one is highly modified for drag racing with a reverse
shift pattern, manual shifting and a trans brake for full throttle launches.

FYI, Trans Brake locks first and reverse together so you can go to full
throttle on the starting line and when the light changes, you take your
hand off the button switch and WHAM!!!! you launch at wide open. 

I dunno why the guy built this combo for a pickup.  I bought the complete
zero mile motor/trans for the price of the camshaft and valve covers on it. 
He was going through a divorce at the time and needed the money.     
I bought on a lark and I'm not sure what to do with it now.  If I could find
'68-'72 short box F100 I'd chuck it in there.  I'd tame down the trans and the
camshaft though. 
Scott
[Magicman]

sawguy21

OWW, I probably shouldn't ask about gas mileage. ;)

OneWithWood

Typical F250 gas mileage - 8mpg empty or loaded

Part of the reason my main truck is a diesel, gets 12-15mpg, and I make my own fuel!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

olyman

ok--oil run out of engine??? whyd it sieze???? someone forget to put the oil pump in??? thats crazy---good luck--not needed

Patty

I do not know Olyman. They towed it in after it seized up on the highway and in a week or so said "come & get it". I called the towing service, had them put it on a flat bed, and deliver it to my door. When the tow truck got here, we slipped it into neutral, "backed" it off the flatbed, and pushed it into the garage. I have not done anything with it since then.

These two old geezers are not men whom I see around much, I was told one of them maintained the jeep when it was a firetruck for the city and that is why I called him. He is moving out of town because the city didn't like him running a junk yard in the city limits  ::) and the other one is from a town west of here. Neither have a pot to pee in, so I figured they must need my money more than I do. I never bothered to ask them for it back and they never offered. We were all happy to part ways.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

olyman

eeek--thats BAD-----what year--might know where a 4 cyl engine is----

olyman

Weekend_Sawyer

I am very sorry to hear of your problems, when do you want me to come and get it.  ;)
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!