iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First pneumonia, now covid.

Started by Patrick NC, January 07, 2022, 01:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

Let me start by saying I'm not 100% sure it's covid,  but since my wife tested positive on Tuesday  I'm 99% sure. Can't get a test until Monday.  Funny how that works. Before Christmas you could get a test the same day, now it's 5- 7 days out. I had a fever of 104 yesterday. Today it's a little better thanks to Tylenol and day quill. Headache,  body aches, etc. No breathing problems yet. Just have to take it a day at a time.  Sawmill will be rusty by the time I'm able to make sawdust again. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

VB-Milling

Oh man, sorry to hear about this.  Wishing you a speedy recovery
HM126

Ianab

Hang in there.

It's probably the Omicron Covid that seems to be circulating in the US now. Very infectious, which is why case numbers are so high (and testing backed up) 

On a brighter note, it doesn't seem to hit the lungs as bad as previous variants, hence less breathing problems, and that's what usually sends people to hospital. All the other "flu like" symptoms can still knock you around though. 

Get well soon
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Take'r easy a few days. The docs are saying omicron is mostly upper respiratory and throat and symptoms like a cold. Totally different from Delta. Testing now has no way of even keeping up with all the infections. Here in NB they are accepting rapid tests results now unless 50's or older. Leaving it up to ourselves to notify any close contacts, I doubt half of that happens unless family and close friends are called.

No luck at all sometimes unless it's bad luck. Get well soon.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

we are having a major surge here, but it is still delta.  25 covid patients in the hospital.  We do test, but on people that the testing makes a difference.  needing to be in the hospital to choose a floor, covid vs non covid.  Or those that woul d qualify for monoclonal antibody.  seeing all kinds of URIs as usual for this time of year.  RSV, Parainfluenza, Rhinovirus, enterovirus, human metapneumovirus.  we are seeing influenza A as well as covid.  It is common to get pneumonia after many viral pneumonitidies.  last winter no RSV or flu A I think due to mitigation that was followed. This winter some getting up to 3 different viruses at the same time.  If you feel bad, go to get an x-ray.  if pneumonia then antibiotics.  I use the term pneumonitis for non-live agents such as viruses, and the injury from our own immune systems.  pneumonia for bacterial agents, that respond to antibiotics.  Atypical pneumonia, also called walking pneumonia, from mycoplasma, helped if antibiotics are started in the first 2 days.  that is why so start a z-pack just in case.  now our 22 ct. pcr diagnosis mycoplasma, but until that we were guessing.  after 2 days it will make no difference.  the infection lasts 1 week, but you cough for 6 weeks due to airway damage and inflammation.  Made you friends nervous back when TB was prevalent.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Thank You doc henderson for your continued medical efforts as well as taking the time to verse us regarding these illnesses, symptoms, and treatments.  You Sir are a Valued Friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

thank you.  that means a lot, especially coming from you!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!