iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norm saved my life

Started by Patty, November 02, 2010, 09:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Look what a woman has to do to get a big hug from her husband,  even though it was  just a hug from the back.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Burlkraft

Quote from: pigman on November 03, 2010, 08:44:59 AM
Look what a woman has to do to get a big hug from her husband,  even though it was  just a hug from the back.

I heard a joke once kinda like that ...The punch line was, so they both can see the hockey game  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pasbuild

Would that be Madison Wi. hockey? ::) ::)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Mooseherder

It was Hockey night in Canada eh.
The Mighty Ducks from Anaheim were being hosted by the Calgary Flames. ;D

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

doctorb

Nice job, Norm!  Gotta tell you my Heimlich story.

Many years ago I was visiting a friend in San Fran, and four of us went out to dinner at a small restaurant.  The guy sitting opposite me seems to be looking past me as we talked, like he was distracted by something behind me.  All at once he jumped up and ran past me.  I turned around to see a very large man standing in the aisle between the tables, holding both hands up to his throat.  My friend, who is about 5'8" tall, ran up behind him, and wrapped his arms around the man's torso.  The guy was so large that he could barely lock his hands on the front of his chest.  While the guy was still holding his throat, my friend gave four hard squeezes to his chest.  The man broke my friend's hold, turned around and screamed," What the "frick" are you doing?"  My friend said, "I thought you were choking!"  The man angrily yelled in reply, "No, you idiot!  The coffee was too hot!"  I can't tell you how hard I laughed that night. :D :D

Please do not misinterpret my anecdote.  You need to act fast in choking situations, without hesitation. You are supposed to ask,"Can you talk?" before performing the maneuver.  If they can talk, then airway obstruction is less likely and the maneuver may not work and may be unnecessary.  Sometimes things are not what they seem, and can be quite funny.  Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Warbird

Roxie

Patty, I'm so glad you are ok.  That must have been so frightening.  Way to go Norm!
Say when

Patty

Scared the begeebers right out of me, Roxie! Do not EVER want to experience that again....couldn't breath, couldn't speak, blacking out......not a good time
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Burlkraft

Mebby Norm should cut yer meat for ya from now on  ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

isawlogs

Glad you did not think he should chew it some for her too !  :-X ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Patty

Yea, that's funny Burl....

As a matter of fact, when we were down south (Missouri) visiting friends, the wife prepared her husband's plate, and I was polite and did not say anything  :-X, but I nearly choked when she proceeded to cut up his meat and mash his potatoes for him!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

SwampDonkey

You sure it wasn't her boy (son)? :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

Well Patty, I thought that was what a good wife does for her husband. :D  I will tell you though, by those standards, I don't have a good wife. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Patty

Actually it made us all uncomfortable to watch her, except for her husband who seemed to expect such treatment. Kind of bizarre form of slave labor if you ask me.  :-\
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

isawlogs

:-\   If ever I was to ask this to Renée, she would not saye a word, take the plate back to the kitchen get the blender out and bring the whole mess back in a bowl as soup.  ;)  All this with a smile  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Patty, from your description, a couple of words come to my mind.  Submissive & Servitude.  Neither of which, in my opinion, have a place in a true and loving marriage relationship.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Maybe I'm weird, I cut up meat and potatoes for my wife, but she only has 1 arm.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Then , in my opinion, it is Love and Respect.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Tammy has cut my meat several times over our marriage as I've been one armed totaling several months of it during shoulder surgery recuperations. It looks more and more like I'll be losing my right arm again this winter. ;)  That being said, I go back to cutting my own meat the very second I am able.   musteat_1
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Left Coast Chris

Patty,   we are so glad you are o.k.    A reminder of how fragile life can be.   Norm really earned his keep on this one.   Of course in Kung Foo...... servantude must follow for life now........  it will take a little getting used to the reversed roles.... :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Patty

Thanks Chris, that is very nice of you to say.  :)

We have a very strong marriage, and it will continue forever. If Norm ever needs any assistance from me in any way, he knows he can depend on me.  ;)

Piney, you are so kind, Nelda knows she can count on you for anything!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

SwampDonkey

My old grandmother would have a few choice words if anyone expected such diaper changing of her. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Patty,

You are #1 in my book.  I still very fondly remember that rhubard cake that you sent me.  I cannot explain how good it was  8).  That was an act of kindness that I will never forget.  You and Norm are on the top of my list of FF members to meet.  Maybe I need to get a lathe and act helpless.  Then, y'all could come down and show me the ropes ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Patty

We will have to stop and grab Burl & Jill along the way.....they are the experts.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Thank You Sponsors!