iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Customer's projects pictures thread

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logboy

It never ceases to amaze me what people do with the slabs I sell. This first one was an invasive cork wood tree cut out of someones yard in town. I got it from a local tree guy.

Elm table.

Maple table.

I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

MSSawmill

Do I count as a customer if all the lumber was given to me by other sawyers? :)

I finally got around to turning the rolling pin I was going to surprise my wife with last summer! It's walnut, cherry, maple, oak, and locust.

Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

tmarch

GREAT work, but dang if she gets after you with it better be quick!!!!!!!!!! :D
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

thecfarm

I like that rolling pin!!!! My wife would REALLY like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

Awesome thread! 

MSSawmill, that rolling pin is awesome!

Yawl would laugh if you saw some of my rough cut projects...they're just that, rough!  but usually pretty tough.
Boy, back in my day..

BCsaw

Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Magicman

Hey, I recognize some of that lumber!!  That is crazy pretty Charles.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hunz

Started a portable job today for a customer I sold some locust lumber to a couple years back. Well come high noon, he HAD to show me what he built with the lumber I had sold him. After a 15 minute golf cart ride to the top of this mountain, we arrived at our destination.

The guy(Bob) is a total trip, and to be a small town OBGYN for 40 years, I'd say you'd have to be in order to keep patients! After our 45 minute golf cart journey, he insisted on taking me to Wendy's for lunch, so to Wendy's we went. After our bellies were full, we headed back to the car, when I read his license plate....."10npushn"; so of course I asked him what it meant. He replied "whenever I'd have a patient in labor at the hospital and they dialated to 10cm, the nurse would call me at home and say she's " 10npushn". He'd know it was time to hop in the car and head to the hospital. Maybe you had to be there, but it was a pretty good belly laugh. He also said he gave away a free pap smear every year at the church fundraiser auction....no one ever bid though he said, most likely too embarrassed!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

WDH

Sounds like a really cool guy who enjoys life. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

bhall

hunz I bet there is a really nice view from that bench. I have several benches at different spots on my land & I plan on putting roofs on them much like he did. I really like the bench, him & the dog, and the story, thanks. Bob
97 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic/Lombardini
Life is good on the Catawba path

Magicman

What a guy, and a very nice relaxin' place too.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

What a nice place to be with man's best friend.......
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Jim_Rogers

Back in post #54 of this thread, I showed some benches a lady landscaper's crew made out of some curved pine slabs I sold her.

Last October @UpInATree brought his long bar Alaskan chainsaw sawmill over and we cut some wide pine slabs to be used as table tops or bar tops.

Here is a shot of one of them right after we finished sawing it:

Today, I got to visit with the customer and saw what her worker had made from or out of the table tops she bought from me.
Here is a couple of finished tables.

The reddish one was suppose to have a "walnut" colored stain. Everyone thinks it's "too" red. It is tall and will be used like a "buffet table".

The other one has a clear oil finish and will have some matching benches not made yet. I was very happy with the results of these table, except for the "reddish" stain. Although it kind of does go with the red cedar log legs.

I know where these are going, to her customer; maybe some day I'll see them in place and get some photos of them there at the iFarm.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You knows you gots my attention Jim. Looks good!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

So this older guy from the next town over came in yesterday, and he's the one who when I ask what's he looking for, he'll say, "I'll know it when I see it......"
I don't really mine him coming in as sometimes he buys something and when he does it's very unexpected.

Well, he took a hard look at the pile of 2 1/4"x 24" x 10' spalted maple table top slabs and found one he liked. So he bought it. And another small oak round edge slab some 5' long.

While he was here, he pulled out his photo booklet and showed me a picture of a table he made from a chunk of walnut left over from me sawing out some bowl blanks for the bowl turner who bowl I posted up at the beginning of this thread.
I considered this piece junk as it was all split up and cracked very bad.

Here is a picture of a picture of the table:

I hope you can see it alright.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

In the "what are you sawing" thread, I posted this picture of some timbers I cut up for a customer who was going to make it into a pergola for his mother's house.

Yesterday, he sent me some pictures of the finished project.

I thought I'd share those with you all, as I know you all like pictures.

Jim Rogers

Magicman

Wow Jim, that thing is huge.  It's always nice to see pictures of your lumber/timbers being used.   8)

deadfall

This thread shot most of an hour for me.  Not fair!

On the end-grain tile floor:  really cool that you can see the tiles were laid out in the order they were cut from the timbers.  Reads like a story. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

WDH

Jim,

He did a fine job on that pergola. 

Bill Gaiche

Nice, that is one strong built sucker for sure. bg

Jim_Rogers

I thought using 8x8's for braces was a little "over the top" but to each their own.

Jim Rogers

JohnM

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on August 15, 2015, 09:09:28 AM
I thought using 8x8's for braces was a little "over the top" but to each their own.

Jim Rogers
Agreed, it looks great and well built but too 'heavy' IMO.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

4x4American

Not to come off like a butthead, but what's the point of a pergola?  Why not put some tin on top so when it rains you can hang out without getting wet!
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!