iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Shed for Jr.

Started by wvwoodbutcher, July 16, 2016, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

stanwelch

Very nice shed. Post pictures when you get Jr set up inside.
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

SineWave

That's some real nice looking clean work, WVWoodbutcher. Thanks for posting. I might swipe a few design ideas.

47sawdust

Great job on the rack braces.I especially like the way you tied your intermediate posts to the truss above.I don't know about hell or high water,but there won't be a problem with the wind.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

OlJarhead

Looking nice!  Some day I'll get one for my mill but these days I drive it too far and wide to store it in a shed much less use it there.

How big of a log can you get in there?  Looks like you'd have to winch it in vs rolling it?  Or are those posts further apart than they look?
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

wvwoodbutcher

I appreciate all the compliments guys. I did get the mill set inside over the weekend. But have yet to saw a log.
Jarhead, the mill is set parallel with the gable end. 19'-1" between the posts, but I can only cut 17'-2" so hopefully it will do for now. I'll be setting logs on the deck with the forks and hopefully build a log deck in the future. I'll post some more pics when I get to sawin'.
Hudson Oscar 36

Thank You Sponsors!