iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moisture Meters

Started by KiwiCharlie, June 26, 2002, 10:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

Does anybody here use moisture meters for measuring their drying timber?  I have been looking at the Wagners site, but all the models available are a bit confusing!
Any advice on a good typical setup?  Or what works for you.
Cheers,
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Frank_Pender

Yes, Kiwi, I use a Lignomat Model Mini Ligno DX/C.  I seem to be having good fortune with this model.  You can find them at: www.lignomat.com.
Frank Pender

Norm

I use the delmhorst R2000 and have been very happy with it. The nice thing with it is you can hammer in the pins on thick wood to give you a better idea of the moisture content. Check them out at www.delmhorst.com/products_indust.html

L. Wakefield

Have you gone back and searched the topic? Seems not long after Jeff started up the board there was quite a thread which went into pins and all. I'm not sure how many brands they mentioned; but I haven't gone back to re-read it. It should be in there somewhere. I think Tom contributed to it among others.    :P   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

Thanks for the info, looks good.  And LW, that was gold advice!  Never even thought to search the posts, and yep, there it was.  Thanks again.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Thank You Sponsors!