iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Herd 3 pt. hitch sander0?

Started by 47sawdust, September 21, 2017, 07:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I'm looking at a Herd 3 pt. hitch sander for our driveway.Does anyone here use one and what is your experience.Do I need to run salted sand in it?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

snowstorm

If you want to melt ice snow then you need salt in it. If you leave it outside in cold weather with just sand in it it will freeze. Even with salt it may freeze. Covering it to keep rain snow off will help

snowstorm

Salt will not do anything till it gets wet. Either the temp comes up a bit or traffic.to speed the melting up and melt at a lower temp. Mix salt with water and put it with the salt sand mix. It will also stick the sand to the ice.

47sawdust

Here I can buy an 80/20 mixture.If I keep it covered it is not supposed to freeze.The Herd spreader only holds 12 cu.ft. of material so their won't be much danger of anything being left in the hopper.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

snowstorm

My trucks put out 2000 yrs of sand salt on the roads last winter. Hopefully we don't have as much ice this winter. What's the price on a us of sand mix over your way?

47sawdust

$48.00 a ton.Don't know what that translates too in yds.That is not a delivered price.
Mick

Bruno of NH

I had one and it worked great
I ran a sand salt mix sold from Pike out of West Lebanon NH
It was the small one and it went when I sold my small tractor 8 years ago.
I would like one for my new tractor but I'm going to get a snow pusher first .
The Herd spreads nice
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

snowstorm

I have heard 25 a yd...here so 48 is plenty.last price I heard on salt was 60 ish a ton. That was the town's price buying 250 ton. It dose help that the docks where the salt boats land is 15 miles away

47sawdust

snowstorm and Bruno,
Thanks for your feedback.The sander is clean and not abused.I hope to buy it and put up some kind of covered sand shed in the next couple weeks.
Mick

Thank You Sponsors!