iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumbermate 2000 How Wide

Started by ranst4038, September 19, 2013, 10:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranst4038

Hi gang, I'm buying a Lumbermate 2000 from my Sister's friend a 4 hour drive down in Virginia. That has no trailer package. He left with my Brother-in-law and others on a two week bike ride. Without getting back to me on some measurements so I can build a trailer & tong. I have these 14 cherries laying up at my cabin that have to get cut before the snow flies. All I really need to know is how wide it is, outside of rails. Thanks Rick

I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Vir Coto 2nd Season ; In the shadow of Z'ha'dum

Nomad

Try calling Norwood and ask them.  They will be able to answer your question.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

ranst4038

No that was the first thing I tried. They want to sell you a new one. They are no help at all with a mill they don't make anymore.
I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Vir Coto 2nd Season ; In the shadow of Z'ha'dum

beenthere

Edit:
Seems the OP has been edited to include the info I had questions about.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nomad

Quote from: ranst4038 on September 19, 2013, 11:17:38 AM
No that was the first thing I tried. They want to sell you a new one. They are no help at all with a mill they don't make anymore.

I was under the impression you were already committed to buying one and only wanted to see one like it in action.  I'm surprised Norwood wouldn't help you out with that.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

postoakzevfa

Post your query on the forum at norwoodsawmills.com and I'm sure you will get a speedy response.

dgdrls

Rent a U-haul your backside trailer.
The mill can be partially disassembled
loaded and transported to do the job before the snow flies.

When done then build your trailer

Possible option??

Norwood website stills shows the LM 2000 trailer package for sale.

Best
DGDrls

Slingshot

The tracks on the Norwood LM2000 measure 36&1/4 inches center to center.
The rails overhang about 1/2 inch on either side making the overall width
37&1/2 inches. I will get you a precise measurement tomorrow morning.

Slingshot

37&1/2 inches is the width of the bed rails. I measured this morning on
a section of track that I still have from the one I had.

ranst4038

Thanks a lot Slingshot, the spare standard $200 utility trailer frame I had is 40" wide.
I will have to move the leaf springs in a little.

That takes care of the trailer. Now what is the size of the corner receivers that the tail light bar plugs into?
So I can make something temporary to attach the lights to.

Delawhere Jack

So you plan to bring an axle along, install it there and tow the mill home?

Don't forget to make provisions to secure the sawhead to the track. Or better yet, lift it off and put it in the bed of your pickup. Two guys can lift it.

Welcome to the FF.

Slingshot

The posts on the tail light bar, that fit into the receivers,
  are 1&1/2 by 2 inches. That would be the measurement for
  the inside of the receivers. The outside width of the posts
  on the assembled light bar measures 36 inches. (I also have
  one of those.)

Thank You Sponsors!