iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Long boards

Started by Sixacresand, September 20, 2013, 09:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I needed some long 5/4 boards today, and did not have any logs that were 16'.  I headed to the woods with the chain saw and noticed some 17 ft 4 x 6's stacked up under some tin.  Can't remember when I milled them, but they good and dry.  I took two back to my LT10 for resaw and got the boards I needed.  Nice to have some long timbers laying around.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ga Mtn Man

How was the cutting on that dry timber?  Notice much difference from when it was green?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on September 20, 2013, 09:49:15 PM
How was the cutting on that dry timber?  Notice much difference from when it was green?
It was harder and I went slower than if it were green.  The top and bottom boards were not a uniform thickness I wanted because the timber had a slight bend in it.   But it was close enough for my project.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Chuck White

Always nice to have a supply!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

You bet, always nice to find these surprises, especially if it involves falling and dragging long timber,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dgdrls

I was thinking these at first   :D

Sixacresand

Nice looking lumber, dgdrls :D

drobertson

I reckon there are long boards, and then longer boards! ;D   I reckon it all works out for the same effect. 
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!