ebay auction to support our forum. Lumberjack Whiskey Decanter

Started by Jeff, May 31, 2006, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well I think its about my turn to put something out there. This is a duplicate of one I have in my collection and they are getting pretty hard to come by. I hope someone likes this fellow as much as I do. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7246094840

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

UNCLEBUCK

I have always been curious about these liquor decanters . I know they are prized to collectors and such but do they come filled and capped off and like aged in the decanter ? Is there a way to unscrew a cork or something so I could fill it up ? That looks like a very nice collectable for sure  :)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

beenthere

There is room (when I do some housecleaning and storing of JD models) on this cherry mantle for a lumber jack decanter.   ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Qweaver

Well Beenthere,  It might look good on your mantle but in will be much loved setting in my cabin filled with fine W.Va mountain dew. 8)

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

UNCLEBUCK

Well I think the logger would look good standing next to the honored green and yellow tractors  ;D   

W.Va mountain dew  ??? is that anything like North Dakota water  8)

Sure looks like a addicting hobby and fun

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

sandmar

I think he's kinda got his mind on GA guys! happy bidding!
Sandmar

UNCLEBUCK

beenthere

Ya, he looks like the guys who rode logs down the Wisconsin River during the logging days, and fits some of the logging lore and tales told of the stop-over at the Wisconsin Dells, on the way to the Mississippi River.
He's dressed a bit warm for GA, don't cha think?   :)
south central Wisconsin

sandmar

nah beenthere......dressing in long sleeves and boots helps keep the chiggers off and Jeff can tell you that you don't wanna wear pine rosin on your hide either.He will be fine in GA  ;D
Sandmar

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

I got chiggers when I was at Noble's.  I'll take black flies any time rather then those things!

Jeff

Hey! I just noticed that the auction was over! Looks like the logger is heading west! :)

Thanks everyone! 

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Jeff
Thank you for the donation from your Decanter collection.  I'll be in touch about "payin up".   :)

Feel just a little bad that some were outbid, but will be happy to put in on the cherry mantle.

Burlkraft stopped by this afternoon, and we had a good visit. So much to talk about and so little time. He came while a few quilters were having a quilting party. We crashed it.

south central Wisconsin

Burlkraft

BT, Ya got it  8) 8) 8) 8)

Now ya gotta move a couple of them green machines on the mantle to make room.

Thanks for the hospitality today. I got my 5 yards of dirt and got through Madison before the beltline became a parking lot ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sandmar

DanGit! I had to go across town and missed the ending. I wanted to make it interesting  >:( Congrats beenthere! You got me fair and square,and thanks to Jeff for letting go of such a fine collectible.

Sandmar

beenthere

Sandmar
I sent Jeff the max bid I put in. That bid was just to see if it would become interesting.  ;D  I should have given you a wake up call?  :)
south central Wisconsin

sandmar

:D That's OK beenthere...it was fun..but wish I had been home. You do know the sweet part is everytime you look at that little guy,you are gonna think of me in GA  ;D Enjoy it man you deserve it..hope it helps the forum live a long life!!

Sandmar

Stephen1

Dang, I missed the end by 45 mins, would have looked good in the cabin. Glad someone from FF got it though.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

beenthere

A quick pic of the arrival of Mr. Lumberjack at his new home on the cherry mantle, taking the place of some packed-away Deere models. 
Thanks again, Jeff B, twas packed well and arrived today.

south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Dont be surprised if you get up in the morning anf that mantles bucked in to sixteens... ;)  Hes a dandy aint he?  :)