Auctions to support our forum. Wood-Mizer quilt and pillows

Started by Jeff, October 29, 2007, 11:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here is the First Support Auction for this Fall!

This is a one of a kind, handmade quilt and pillows that Tammy has made using 25th anniversary bandannas given to her by Sparks at the 2007 Forestry Forum pigroast. She has worked a ton of hours on this and I hope that you all find it as neat as I do!

It is shown displayed for the photos in our spare bedroom. This is a queen size quilt.  :)

Auction Link

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sparks

Glad I could help on such a fantastic project. Tammy has some serious skills with a needle and thread. Great job.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

beenthere

Thanks to Tammy for her hard work, skills, and donation too.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bro. Noble

The whole story hasn't been told about Tammy's hard work and skill on this quilt.  Jeff told me and I think everyone should know the story :)  Hand Made for sure ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Wildflower

Thank you to John for bidding on my quilt.   8)  And thank you to everyone for your nice comments.  I am a little out of practice but like Jeff said I used to sew a lot.  I am looking forward to my next quilt.  ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

johncinquo

Thats gonna look nice in the guest bedroom with the wood pics and gun cabinet.   8)

Jeff needs a ebay tutorial.   End your auctions on Saturday or Sunday night, when people are online and looking at stuff.  The impulsive folks or those short on time can get you a better sale. 

I'll send some pics when the girlie gets it set up.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Jeff

Quote from: johncinquo on November 07, 2007, 11:04:39 AM
Thats gonna look nice in the guest bedroom with the wood pics and gun cabinet.   8)

Jeff needs a ebay tutorial.   

I try to have a life outside of the one in front of the computer.  With the way things have went this year, I gotta do things as I find time. Most all of the auctions I did in the past ended on the weekend or the evening.

I do know one thing though, John got a heck of a deal on the quilt as I know how many hours it took for Tammy to finish it. Many sewing by hand as the plastic gears in her old cheap machine stripped out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Quote from: johncinquo on November 07, 2007, 11:04:39 AM

Are ya gonna git a WoodMizer now...??? ???

Can't have the quilt without havin' a mill  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

johncinquo

I understand the short on time, there myself!  You can set it up to start and end any time you want, not necessarily right when you put it on.  I'll set some of mine up during the week when I have time, and then start on Sunday nigh at 10 eastern or even tuesday, and run for 5 days.  It costs $.10 extra I think to do it that way, but supposedly you get a 30% better selling price. 

Well, its just for the forum.  The topic of donating it back has already come up.  We'll have to see when the FF pig roast comes back around.   ;)

Well Steve, since I would really like a Petersen some day, you can get to work on that quilt to go with it.  I called Jill and she said it was a good idea to get rid of some of your distracting toys so we're working on a sale of yours.  She has picked out a new Singer, with a quilting attachment and button holer, it should be delivered to you next week.   :D :-*
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

turningfool

being a jack of all trades i've been known to build a quilt or two myself 8) too dang cold to turn in my unheated shed...gotta do sumpthin..one is posted in my gallery 8)