It's Auction Time

Started by Burlkraft, March 23, 2008, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I decided it was time we fired up the  auctions again  ;D  ;D  ;D

I got this burl from "Thee Bob"....part of the truckload of burls he's gathering for me, but that's anudder story...... ::) ::)

Anyway "Thee Bob" brought this burl to the Quad Outing and I turned an auction piece out of it.

It's got a couple a holes in it and it wouldn't be good for holding liquids, but it might make a nice conversation piece.

Those of you on the weight loss thread may find it useful for portion controll   :D  :D  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270222233361

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Mooseherder

Dave Shepard

Would make a great popcorn bowl, just have to go easy on the butter. 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Patty

Wow Steve, your bowl is really beautiful!  :o
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

Very nice Steve!

And very nice of you. :)

Jeff

Quote from: Patty on March 23, 2008, 02:51:41 PM
Wow Steve, your bowl is really beautiful!  :o

You should see it in person. Its amazing.  Steve let us hang on to this one since around Christmas. I pick it up and look at it almost everyday. I'll miss it.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Reddog

Yes, it is very nice looking.  :)

maple flats

Jeff, I also want to donate 2 qts of my New York State Pure Maple Syrup, to be bid as 2- one quart lots, with the proceeds going to the Forestry Forum. How do i go from here?
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

Tell me when you want to start, and mail me a photo. :)

That reminds me. My camera up and quit this week.  I borrowed Stacy's to take the photos of the burl bowl.   :-\

Furby

Quote from: Jeff on March 23, 2008, 09:09:53 PM
That reminds me. My camera up and quit this week.   :-\

Any chance this was the last pic ya took with it ???

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Furby

smiley_smash       
smiley_sick

Paschale

That's a beauty!   8)

I can't make sense out of who's bidding on it though...who's in the running right now?  It's all a bunch of gobblygook in the bidding names.   ???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

beenthere

Throw a bid in there....then you will see your own bidding name come up... 8) 8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I've just been informed by the original burl donor that I dont know my burl from my burros. :D

It aint a maple burl. Its far more valuable. Its a cherry burl. Now that he has informed me of that, its obvious. :-X :-[ :D

Thanks for da burl ID Pasbuild. :)

beenthere

Nice auction results on the burl.....who was the lucky high bidder??   I know I wasn't.  :( :(

What/when is the next item going to be auctioned?   Need something in the works... :) :)
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

I cant unmask him, but I can thank him! And Burlkraft as well.  I dont have any other donated items to auction but I came up with one of my own.  Let me see if I can dig out the photo of it here. Its something that will be customized for the winning bidder.

Jeff

Think there would be interest in this wood-burning for an auction?   I used photoshop to create an example how I could finish it up with text customized for a buyer.
https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl

Its pretty big. About 18" in Diameter.

Dave Shepard

A whole bunch of those would make great bar stool tops, except I wouldn't want to insult you work by sitting on it. ;) Your wood burnings are always neat Jeff.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I thought we would try something different for an auction. I've created a little auction site here for us to auction off the above item. You will have to register separately for it to bid.

Hope the this works!  Maybe we can have fun with it like we did before ebay started hiding names.

Jeff

I think there is a difference in the way auctions end with this.  The auction can be continued after the close time long as people keep bidding. I'll have to see what the time between last bids is...

Warbird

Do you see the folks who have bid on it?

Jeff

Under the description of an item, there should be a bid history once bidding begins. :)

Jeff

Sniper Protection...  How many minutes
past last bid to hold auction.  5

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on March 31, 2008, 08:59:43 PM
Under the description of an item, there should be a bid history once bidding begins. :)

Doh.  I kinda liked the idea of being invisible.  But the open bidding is cool, too.

Radar67

Just close your eyes Warbird, we won't tell and you won't see..... :D :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Well, I thought this might be a little more cozy for a change on this item instead of having it out in the open on ebay.  :)   I really would rather it go to a member. :)

Warbird

I think it is a great idea and hope the lucky bidder enjoys it!

Furby

Quote from: Jeff on March 31, 2008, 05:59:55 PM
Think there would be interest in this wood-burning for an auction?   I used photoshop to create an example how I could finish it up with text customized for a buyer.

Its pretty big. About 18" in Diameter.

And the winner is ???

Jeff

He'll have to tell ya.  :)    I dont imagine he cares if people know, but its up to him. (or her) but its not a her. Its a him.  And you know him furby. He dont wear a helmet.

Furby

Cept when he might get busted ???
Or Thee other one ??? ;)

pigman

I think the last picture is what caused him to out bid me. :( Now if it said 'A Hillbilly Logger' I would of out bid him. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Radar67

Bob, you know it could have said that, as it wasn't burned yet.  :D :D :D

I got all tied up and flat out missed the end of this or y'all might of had some more competition.  :(
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Thee other one.  It even kinda looks like him dont it?  Cept the burning guy has a pipe...

Furby

Guess it does....... other than the pipe.  :)

pasbuild

I was just trying to spark an interest in the auction and I end up winning it on the cheap  8) 8)   I sure don't want ya ta feel like a loser Bob so I'll tell ya what we can do, I'll send da boss the winning amount and have him burn ('A Hillbilly Logger') on it, he can send it ta you fer the same amount and we both win.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

pigman

Thats's ok The Bob. You won the bidding war fair and square. I don't feel like a loser, I may be one, but I don't feel like one. ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.