iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homelite 450 ignition troubles

Started by oldsaw-addict, April 17, 2004, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw-addict

Hi again, I just looked at and went to start my big --- 450, pulled for 15 minutes and it wont start, not even pop like its trying to start, there is fuel in the cylinder so the fuel system is not the problem, I have a feeling its the ignition module thats bad. I cant test for a spark because of the design of it, anone whos looked at a 360 -75 series saw would get the idea as to why I cant check for a spark, the whole saw is strangely designed. The spark plug boot is built into a thing that I think is the coil and it is held in place with 2 screws, it has a wire going from the condenser at the flywheel to the thing that I think is the coil, I have NO idea how to tell if there is any spark on this beast, any ideas as to whats wrong and how to fix it are greatly appreciated, I dont work on Homelites too much, just my other saws as this thing has never really been a problematic saw. I should mention that it was underwater once for a day or so, but I have had it running well for a few days now, it was underwater about a year ago and has long since dried out and should be working just fine. Sorry for the long post but I just dont know whats wrong with it, I dont want to get rid of it, and certainly aint junking it because of its ruggedness.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Thank You Sponsors!