iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What I did on my vacation...

Started by maestro, October 19, 2008, 02:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestro

For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

WildDog

Nice spot, couple of questions Maestro, how long is the trail, did you camp over night, what's the history behind Trace Creek? I notice you walk with sticks, do they make much of a diference on a long walk.

I just went back to work after 2 weeks vacation spent fencing and weeds spraying :( but we did manage 3 days over the coast fishing, just me and the boys ;)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

maestro

Questions are always good!  The Berryman Trail is a 24 mile loop with 2 established campsites and off trail primitive camping allowed pretty much anywhere.  We got a late start out of St. Louis the first day and only got in about 4 miles out and back but did an8.5 mile loop the 2nd day.  You might not have noticed from the pics but I'm not quite in backpacking shape yet.  lol.  Getting there, though.  The 3rd day I had a Master Naturalist class to attend at Shaw Nature reserve and they have about 25 miles of trail throughout the entire complex, did about 5 during the class.  We were learning about prairie and glade restoration.  Next day was trail work, we have a 4.5 mile adopted section of the Ozark Trail and it's in the middle of the section called Trace Creek.  I don't know the history of Trace Creek but here is a link to some water quality data from the Missouri DNR http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/wpp/tmdl/info/2850-trace-ck-info.pdf

Hiking poles...man, do I love them!!  They provide a stability while hiking and are really helpful on downhill sections.  When I use my full pack, it helps me keep my balance better when crossing slippery places too.  Now that I've done with and without, I won't do without again! 
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

Thank You Sponsors!