iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baily's not going to be selling husky anymore?

Started by letsgetitracing, March 02, 2008, 07:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letsgetitracing

My go to guy (the who raced them for 20 years) at the chainsaw shop said he heard that Baily's was going to quit selling husky saw any one heard anything or just made up rumor.
Homemade firewood processor, 200 ton log spliter, 322 cat excavator, 966 c cat loader, 3 semis, 11 trailers, 50 ton low boy 12 inch tree chipper 3120xp 394 xp 372 xp 3 365  357 55 rancher 346xp 338xp  stihl 056 mag ms 290 026 echo cs440  4 cs3000's  jonsered 2165 2150

go BIG or go Home

Urbicide

Bailey's can no longer ship Husqvarna saws. You would actually have to walk in to their store in CA and buy it there. They can ship parts. Their distributor, BeeTee, was the last independent Husqvarna distributor left in the US. BeeTee is no longer in existence. Husqvarna US now controls distribution through out the country. I personally think the whole situation stinks. Bailey's has earned my business, and I will continue to support them.

logwalker

They don't have a problem shipping Dolmar/makitas. Let Husky chew on that one for a while. I have my new 6401 on it's way.  8)
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Dave Shepard

It may be a blow for Baileys, but look at it from a dealer standpoint. People buy their saw at the big box or online, and then dump there problems on the local dealer. Stihl has supported their local dealers by not selling to the big boxes or online. In my area, many shops have dropped Husky because of this.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodhick

Yeah most of the local dealers around here dropped Husky when the started selling in retail stores.  That's also when I swithced to Stihl and plan to stay there.   I beleive in supporting the local guy that helps me when I need him.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Al_Smith

Well actualy Husqvarna pulled a bunch of people franchises but would not take back their inventory of parts. This kind of annoyed these folks and I doubt seriously if you give away a franchise in this area.As a result of no dealers I buy my parts on line,I don't have a choice in the matter.Fact is just this week I got some parts to repair a little 335 .

z71mike

So I guess this means Husky is changing to more of a Stihl-style of sales, if I understood you guys correctly.......

rebocardo

I think the big boxes such as Lowes (and Home Depot ?) complained about the mail order sales so Husky wants to make the big boxes happy.

SawTroll

Quote from: rebocardo on March 03, 2008, 01:48:58 AM
I think the big boxes such as Lowes (and Home Depot ?) complained about the mail order sales so Husky wants to make the big boxes happy.

The box stores doen't offer the pro models that Baileys sold a lot of, so I kind of doubt that was the reason, or at least not the sole reason...... ???
Information collector.

rebocardo

We will never know, but, I think that is the main reason.

Lowes probably sells more consumer models in one year then places such as Baileys would sell in 20 years. I bet Lowes sells 100,000+ Husky saws a year, easy. The boxes certainly do not collect dust as they are frequently out of saws and even sell the display models around here. Then you get into the other branded Husky products, such as the mowers they sell and that is a lot of clout.

If Lowes made it clear they do not want mail order competition while golfing or at the men's stall, there would not be mail order competition.

I am willing to bet Husky even pays to have their riding lawn mowers displayed at the end of the chainsaw and stove aisles.

I have noticed other mail order places have dropped Husky too that probably sold tons of them. Just as not many tons as Lowes even though they have about 100 retail stores. One place that has started offering EFCO saws, I am going to stop by their retail store and see if they still have Husky saws on the shelf.

Corley5

Service after the purchase was what lead me to buy a saw from a dealer rather than a big box.  I looked at Poulans at Walmart and Huskys at Sears and Lowes.  I was intially looking for a saw to leave in Fl and my concern was service if the saw wouldn't work for me when I needed it after it sat for several months.  I wouldn't feel right taking a saw that I'd bought at a large retailer into a local repair shop nor would I expect top notch timely service from the shop because of it.  I started looking around for local dealers and found a couple.  Their prices were slightly higher for the same consumer grade saws the box stores carried but not enough to keep me from buying one when I took into account future service.  In the end the saw I bought came home with me anyway.  I'll have to explain why I bought a saw in Fl to my local shop now.  Hope he understands  ;) ;D  I never bought a saw from Baileys because I could do just about as well locally and if I needed service on it......  I see new Huskys are still available on Ebay ???  I thought that Husky was taking away franchises of dealers who were still selling there  ???  or that's what I heard anyway somewhere not too long ago  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

johncinquo

To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Thank You Sponsors!